Principal Senior Applied Research Scientist Engineer Planning Jobs Vacancy in Com Mountain View
- Principal Senior Applied Research Scientist Engineer Planning
- Mountain View CA
- 11 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Com Mountain View urgently required following position for Principal Senior Applied Research Scientist Engineer Planning. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Principal Senior Applied Research Scientist Engineer Planning Jobs Vacancy in Com Mountain View Jobs Details:
Principal / Senior / Applied Research Scientist&Engineer – Planning&Simulation
JD-X Silicon Valley Labs, Santa Clara, CA
JD.com, Inc. one of the world largest e-commerce companies is developing the next generation, fully automated fulfillment infrastructure. JD's X Division (JD-X) is responsible for the development of automated fulfillment capabilities including autonomous ground delivery vehicles, autonomous aerial delivery vehicles (i.e. delivery drones) and warehouse automation technologies including warehouse transportation and manipulation robots.
JD-X (Santa Clara, CA) is seeking motivated individuals to join our team and make fully automated fulfillment solution a reality. We have multiple openings in our Multi-Modal Perception Team at Principal Scientist, Senior Scientist and Research Scientist levels in the areas of Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
JD-X Silicon Valley Labs, as a fast-growing research and development organization, provides an entrepreneurial environment for motivated and result-driven individuals and gives them the freedom to create and to innovate in the area of robotics and automation. We also have the resources and financial backing of a Fortune 500 company, so you can focus on developing novel automation solution and revolutionizing product delivery and fulfillment process. If you are an individual who has the passion and the drive to handle complex problems, get things done, create innovative solutions and make impacts to the real-world, JD-X is the place for you.
JD-X Autonomous Driving group is focused on innovating self driving technology for logistics. We are currently working on multiple vehicle platforms.
- Contribute the planning stack development
- Develop algorithms for path planning and behavioral planning, for navigation of autonomous vehicles/robots through unorganized traffic flow
- Design and develop navigation software to accommodate road rules, user interactions, intersection negotiations and special scenarios
- Research and adopt machine learning/deep learning techniques in developing navigation software
- Implement and test algorithms in simulation environment, followed by bench marking and validating the system with on-field testing
- MS/PhD in CS/EE/Robotics or equivalent
- 4+ years professional experience in Robotics or Autonomous Vehicle projects
- Strong foundations in applied linear algebra to handle vectors, matrices and transformations with ease
- Experience with search based motion planning algorithms such as SL graph, A*, RRT, RRT*, probabilistic planners, lattice-based planners
- Deep understanding and practical experience in full planning stack from top level route planners to low level controllers
- Extensive experience in C++ programming and algorithm design
- Comfortable with subscribe and publish coding framework
- Comfortable with git
- Proven record of innovation and delivery of results to solve real-world problems
- Deep expertise in vehicle control including publications in referred journals and conferences
- Extensive experience in developing real-time perception systems for robot application, especially experiences in developing autonomous ground vehicle, autonomous aerial vehicle (i.e. drone), autonomous manipulation robots and warehouse automation.
- Deep understanding and hands-on knowledge of Deep Learning and its applications in vehicle control sensor.
- Ability of working on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules
- Strong experience of building and leading a technical team
JD.com, Inc. is one of the Top 10 Internet Company, the largest online retailer in China and the country's largest Internet company by revenue. The Company strives to offer consumers the best online shopping experience. Through its content-rich and user-friendly website jd.com and mobile applications, JD.com offers a wide selection of authentic products at competitive prices and delivers products in a speedy and reliable manner. JD.com has the largest fulfillment infrastructure of any e-commerce company in China. It operates 7 fulfillment centers, 196 warehouses in 46 cities, and 4,760 delivery and pickup stations in 2,266 counties and districts across China. JD.com is a member of the NASDAQ100 and a Fortune 500 company.
JD.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.