Project Designer Jobs Vacancy in Perkins Will New York
Perkins Will New York urgently required following position for Project Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Designer Jobs Vacancy in Perkins Will New York Jobs Details:
If yes, come join us in changing the world through design!
Essential Job Functions:
- Understands overall project goals and constraints, including client values, construction and design budget limitations and schedule requirements.
- Works in tandem with Design Principal analyzing and evaluating client project requirements.
- Initiates and creates schematic designs and plans with responsibility for presentation drawings, models and narratives.
- Ability to integrate elements that influence site designs.
- Prepares client presentation packages.
- Participates in internal design reviews.
- Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
- Thorough knowledge of building materials, construction methods, costs, and code applicable to the design process.
- Works with engineering consultants throughout the schematic and design development phases.
- Evaluates design alternatives based on site and code requirements.
- Understands and applies building technology and systems to design applications.
- Performs tasks according to the Perkins+Will standards and Project Delivery Manual.
- Participates in marketing efforts and may lead design presentations to prospective clients.
- May direct, organize, mentor junior staff.
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred
- High level of creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
- Strong sketching, graphic and computer skills
- Experienced in all phases of project design, construction documentation production and construction materials.
- Ability to direct and coordinate work efforts of junior staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB).
At Perkins+Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve. EOE