Administrative Officer Job Blum Jobs Vacancy in University California Berkeley Berkeley
University California Berkeley Berkeley urgently required following position for Administrative Officer Job Blum. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Officer Job Blum Jobs Vacancy in University California Berkeley Berkeley Jobs Details:
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
The Administrative Officer (AO2) will act as a central point of contact and as an administrative resource in support of the Senior Leadership team in accordance with the objectives of the BLUM Center’s program(s). The incumbent will provide executive level support to the Senior Leadership by exercising day-to-day management techniques to ensure compliance with BLUM guidelines and the program budget. The incumbent will also provide back-up to the AO3 that supports the Faculty Director as needed.
- 60% PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION:
- Performs advanced word processing and presentations using MS Office Suite and prepares reports, memos, letters and electronic mail communications.
- Maintains online and hard copy filing systems.
- Assists with official outreach and coordination of Funders and Sponsors.
- Leads the development of all Blum Center Salesforce accounts including for the Global Poverty and Practice minor, Big Ideas Contest, and Designated Emphasis in Development Engineering (Dev Eng).
- Oversees Salesforce administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and data migration tasks based on input from staff
- Creates reports and dashboards to inform decision-making by program managers and senior leadership
- Proactively improves and customizes Salesforce to suit the Blum Center’s diverse needs.
- Directly inputs and manages content provided by Senior Leadership team into publishing software platforms such as MailChimp, WordPress, LucidPress.
- Manages workflow and analytics of publishing software platforms such as MailChimp, WordPress, and Lucid Press.
- Provide back-up to the AO3 that supports the Faculty Director as needed.
- Coordinates and compiles the submission of Adhoc reports that are required by BLUM senior leadership. Reports may include annual project and financial reports, and other materials required by sponsors, or collaborators.
- Coordinates and schedules visits by potential collaborators, including finding accommodations and meeting logistics.
- Plans and administers all logistics for special events such as conferences, seminars, and workshops. Coordinates on-site and off-site meetings, workshops, and conferences. Included in this are Big Ideas, Global Poverty & Practice, Development Engineering, and other events conceptualized by senior leadership.
- Coordinates, plans and executes all research conferences; off-site as well as on-site research retreats, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Independently develops and implements protocols for regular meetings and conferences on an on-going basis.
- Provides assistance to BLUM leadership for meetings and conferences including making reservations, sending invitations, maintaining attendee lists, compiling Curriculum Vitae, photocopying, printing and distributing communications or meeting materials; arranging catering, making travel and parking reservations, and processing invoices and reimbursements.
- Maintains databases and spreadsheets.
- Prepares and oversee travel expense reimbursement, ensuring that travel reimbursement requests are submitted in compliance with UC and BLUM policy and in conformance with standard procedures for BLUM. Coordinates and provides travel assistance to BLUM visiting Faculty.
- Confirms meeting attendees and prepares relevant materials, including agenda and background materials, and as needed, documents meetings by producing and disseminating meeting minutes to all attendees.
- Monitors daily travel, entertainment and BearBuy approval.
40% EVENT AND MEETING MANAGEMENT:
- Thorough knowledge of common campus-specific and other computer application programs.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of a variety of administrative operations activities such as event planning, and reimbursement.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task with competing timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Interpersonal communication skills to include verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
- Strong skills in short term planning, analysis and problem-solving and customer service.
- 2+ years experience preferred with Salesforce administration, including database design, installing and modifying objects, setting-up custom reports and dashboards, with a thorough understanding of capabilities and limitations of the platform.
- Ability to manage content and work flows on multiple publishing software platforms, such as MailChimp, WordPress, LucidPress.
- Facility with Adobe Illustrator, PowerPoint, and other basic digital presentation tools.
- Willingness to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and be transparent about ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to proofread documents for both textual and visual accuracy.
- For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
- The hourly salary range designated for this position: $21.70 - $33.09; however, starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: