Operations Mgmt Consultant Mgr Ses Jobs Vacancy in The State Florida Tallahassee
The State Florida Tallahassee urgently required following position for Operations Mgmt Consultant Mgr Ses. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Mgmt Consultant Mgr Ses Jobs Vacancy in The State Florida Tallahassee Jobs Details:
Requisition No: 36647
Agency: Department of Education
Working Title: OPERATIONS & MGMT CONSULTANT MGR-SES - 48002951
Position Number: 48002951
Salary: $65,000.00 minimum to $85,000.00
Posting Closing Date: 11/27/2018
DUTUES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The employee in this position serves as the supervisor over the Planning, Review and Training section of the Office of Educational Facilities. The Planning, Review and Training section is responsible for all functions relating to the technical aspects of educational facilities and building programs for public schools and community colleges, including plan review, conducting outreach to boards and design professionals to provide technical assistance pertaining to construction and maintenance and inspection of educational facilities. In addition, this section is responsible for maintaining the State Requirements for Educational Facilities and applicable building codes, rules and regulations, conducting facilities-related research and providing training courses covering new construction, existing buildings, maintenance and operations, environmental safety and OSHA safety.
Employee must be productive under tight timeframes, balance multiple and competing priorities and maintain goal-oriented behavior and performance sometimes under stressful conditions.
Employee must interact courteously with others.
Employee's performance and behavior must demonstrate consideration of the workload concerns of others and must not negatively affect productivity and morale of the unit.
Attendance is an essential function of this position.
As a supervisor, the employee must communicate with, motivate, provide and/or coordinate training and direct the work of his/her subordinates. In addition, the employee must complete timely performance appraisals, develop timely and accurate work plans and approve monthly attendance and leave for each position under his/her direct report in a timely manner. Timesheets are to be completed in the People First system by the 5th business day of the following month. Confidentiality of these matters will be maintained at all times.
Management and Supervision: Direct, plan, supervise and coordinate activities of the professional and support staff of the section; establish desirable production levels; develop performance standards, evaluations and assessments of production and staff performance. Identifies and develops strategies to assist staff to succeed in meeting goals, team unity and support. Arranges for staff development conferences, meetings and/or workshops and recommends personnel action as necessary.
State Rules and Uniform Building Code for Educational Facilities: Provides oversight for the development of rule changes to the Florida Building Code for Educational Facilities and applicable building codes, rules and regulations. Reviews proposed changes and coordinates the overall review, approval and implementation of the changes. Directs the outreach and technical assistance programs designed to inform and education boards and their employees, private design professionals and other interested parties regarding reviews and proposed changes.
Legislation: Supervises staff to develop, monitor and review proposed legislation as assigned, and provides technical assistance and information to legislative staff, the public and other entities on facilities-related issues for public educational programs statewide.
Plans Review Management: Manage the statewide program for review of construction documents for educational facility construction projects. When requested by educational agencies, issue building permits for code compliant projects. Provide professional guidance and oversight in the development of review procedures for the review team.
Educational Plant Plan Review: Provides oversight for the state program for the review of construction documents and issuance of approvals for construction of educational facilities for K-12 and community college facilities projects.
Training and Outreach:
- Maintenance and Operations: Supervises and provides guidance on the preparation and dissemination of facility maintenance and operation guidelines; prepares and reviews curricula for training courses;
- Safety and Sanitation: Supervises and prepares updates of codes, rules, training and other publications and materials prescribing safety and sanitation requirements of existing educational facilities, their annual inspections, and training of inspectors;
- Environmental Safety: Supervises, prepares and reviews the updates of codes, rules, training and other publications and materials prescribing environmental initiatives, awareness programs, state and federal environmental requirements and other related issues for boards concerning environmental subjects; and
- Outreach and Training: Supervises development of training modules, conferences, courses, materials, publications, and curricula pertaining to the uniform building code, State Requirements for Educational Facilities and related rules and regulations. Supervises the development and delivery of outreach programs to inform boards and design professionals about the availability of the office's services for plan review, training and technical assistance.
- Growth Management: Supervises the growth management liaison in carrying out the department's responsibilities set forth in section 163.3184(3)(b), Florida Statutes, in reviewing local government comprehensive plan amendments and supporting documentation to determine whether proposals, if adopted, would have the potential to create adverse impacts on public school facilities. Provides technical support and assistance to the agencies and local governments throughout the process.
Knowledge, skills and abilities, including utilization of equipment, required for this position:
- Proficiency with the use of Word
- Proficiency with the use of Excel
- Proficiency with database management
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to write letters and reports
- Knowledge of Florida educational facilities laws
- Knowledge of Florida educational facilities rules
- Knowledge of Florida educational facilities inventory databases
- Knowledge of Florida growth management laws and rules and Florida administrative procedure
- Knowledge of Florida Legislative Budget Process, Development and Implementation of Educational Finance Policies, Educational Data, Collection, Management and Coordination of Personnel Resources, Administration, Law, Government and Jurisprudence.
Licensure/registration/certification requirements (If applicable, list the appropriate Florida Statute of Federal Regulation cite):
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee