Course Preparation Specialist Center For Innovation Teaching Learning Jobs Vacancy in University Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Course Preparation Specialist Center For Innovation Teaching Learning
- University Illinois
- Urbana-Champaign IL
- 15 Nov, 2018 29 days ago
University Illinois Urbana-Champaign urgently required following position for Course Preparation Specialist Center For Innovation Teaching Learning. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Course Preparation Specialist Center For Innovation Teaching Learning Jobs Vacancy in University Illinois Urbana-Champaign Jobs Details:
Course Preparation Specialist
Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning
University of Illinois
Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning invites applications for a Course Preparation Specialist (CPS) position. The mission of Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL) is to provide leadership for reflective and responsive teaching, educational innovation, and professional development. In collaboration with academic units of the campus, CITL designs, plans, and implements credit and noncredit programs offered to diverse audiences. This position resides within Online Strategy and Development, the division responsible for initiating and supporting both on- and off-campus credit programming using a variety of instructional delivery methods.
The CPS works on courses across multiple CITL instructional design teams, in multiple learning management systems (LMSes), and with multiple faculty to prepare online courses for reoffering (“term prep”). The CPS works closely with departmental program directors to handle the term prep of CITL’s previously-developed online courses. This role is also responsible for staying current with campus-supported educational technologies with an eye toward increasing the efficiency of the role and for assisting with the technical support offered to faculty of online courses. The role will occasionally support the development of new online courses as well.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with instructors to prepare existing, fully-developed online courses to be offered again.
- Provide ongoing support to instructors during the delivery of their online course.
- Work with hourly staff to train them, delegate tasks to them, and ensure the quality and timely delivery of their work.
- Continuously enhance and streamline the process of preparing an existing, fully-developed online course to be offered again.
- Develops educational materials such as lectures, quizzes, surveys, assessments, and instructional pages.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- One year in education, training and/or work experience developing content or managing course sites within Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard and Moodle
- Experience working in Higher Education
- Experience administering Collaborate or other web conferencing systems
- Experience taking a fully-online course as a student
- Experience with automation tools
Successful candidates will have:
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to function in a team environment
- Strong time-management skills including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines in a timely fashion
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after December 3, 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years must be included), and academic credentials (transcripts or diploma) by December 3, 2018. An online application will require names and contact information including contact information for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu