Plant Metallurgist Jobs Vacancy in Timken Randleman
Timken Randleman urgently required following position for Plant Metallurgist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Plant Metallurgist Jobs Vacancy in Timken Randleman Jobs Details:
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
- Development of plant standards, technical instructions and procedures in order to ensure that all metallurgical activities are in alignment with Corporate standards and/or customer requirements. Keep plant current with required lab submissions for various audits and monthly reporting.
- Provide detail manufacturing support via the analysis of metallurgical quality issues for steel, forging and heat treatment and establish appropriate resolution for optimizing plant processes, including those which inhibit product flow, as well as troubleshooting metallurgical processes as they impact turning and grinding operations.
- Exercise authority and responsibility to hold suspect product and to stop production equipment from producing unsatisfactory product.
- Manage the disposition of questionable product, interpret product metallurgical characteristics and make decisions on corrective actions and deviations needs as a result of product not meeting Timken/Customer Standards. Work with local SQA for feeding back issues to supply base.
- Analyze process audit and customer feedback results in correlation with process capability and Corporate standards periodically and proactively establish preventative and/or corrective actions.
- Lead metallurgical laboratory functions including the coordination of the lab activities and supervision including day-to-day direction and support of the lab technicians.
- Provide/administer all metallurgical training needed for associates to understand and perform their job functions.
- Provide strategic direction in utilizing new heat treat technology and equipment. This includes developing financial justifications along with developing technical specifications for projects.
- Utilize own knowledge base to identify, develop and carry out project ideas for the overall improvement of quality, performance, and/or cost structure. Examples: reducing scrap/rework, improve process efficiency without compromising product quality. This includes follow-up with other team members to achieve stated project goals.
- Provide technical knowledge of product to designer for existing, new and prototype product.
- Act as plant liaison with Corporate metallurgical resources and serve as the interface with customers at a technical level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status