Service Technician Jobs Vacancy in Grand Rapids Metrology Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids Metrology Grand Rapids urgently required following position for Service Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Service Technician Jobs Vacancy in Grand Rapids Metrology Grand Rapids Jobs Details:
Are you searching for a career? A stable, fun environment to call home until retirement? Look no further! Grand Rapids Metrology is Michigan's premier source for measurement services and we offer all the tools and resources you need to advance your metrology career. We have an exceptional benefits package and we even provide on the job training!
Local field service travel throughout the West Michigan area, meeting customers, hands on calibration of weighing and other measurement equipment, electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and working with a great team. We are looking for people who can work independently, communicate effectively and love helping customers. You will be completing scheduled equipment installation and calibration work and also responding to emergency service requests. If the above sounds like you and have some experience and training in industrial electronics and mechanical skills, we offer a stable working environment with a leading Michigan corporation. If you are lacking experience but like to learn, we offer a fully paid apprenticeship-training program for the weighing and measurement technology industry. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who likes technology, working independently and being in front of customers. Better yet, Grand Rapids Metrology offers an on-going training and professional development program and has many advancement opportunities for a career in field service.
About Grand Rapids Metrology
Operating since 1922, a Grand Rapids Michigan based company with offices throughout the state and growing. Awarded the Best and Brightest Company to Work For in 2018, both in Grand Rapids and Metropolitan Detroit.
With company values to Exceed, Inspire, Collaborate, Innovate and Embrace, Grand Rapids Metrology is looking for exceptional people to join our team and continue the tradition of growth and excellence.
- Leading Michigan-based company
- A career, with growth and value
- Industry leading pay based on experience and education
- Commissions and bonus programs
- Full benefit package; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, flexible spending plans and paid time off
- Uniforms, tools, company laptop and phone
- Convenient mobile work order and calibration report system for use
- Quality through; Safety management program, ISO/A2LA certification, Authorized Service Provider to leading equipment manufacturers
- Company vehicle provided for field service use
- Fully paid apprentice and on-going career training programs
- Periodic company meetings events and training courses
- Understanding of basic electrical, electronics and industrial maintenance
- Understanding PLC communications and programing a plus
- Associate degree/military training in technology disciplines or industrial automation preferred
- Ability to follow flow charts, drawings and technical instructions for programming, wiring equipment, including digital indicators, printers and other peripheral devices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of out of town travel (throughout Michigan)
- Desire to work hands on in industrial plant environments and in outside weather conditions
- Willingness to be part of a customer support team, and also self-motivated and work independently to achieve goals
- Be able to walk, stand, kneel and crouch for long periods of time, and lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and authorized to work in the U.S.
What you will be doing
- Working hands on to provide direct customer support for installation, calibration and troubleshooting/repair of industrial weighing and measurement equipment
- Addressing and solving problems with confidence
- Equipment set up, programming and customer training
- Documenting calibration reports following ISO/A2LA quality standards
- Operating equipment, forklifts, material lifts, testing equipment
- Submitting electronic reports to the service office
- Completing both online and instructor led training courses
- Using safety equipment, personal protection equipment and following safety guidelines
- Working as a team to achieve goals and advance professional development