Network Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Travis County Austin
Travis County Austin urgently required following position for Network Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Network Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Travis County Austin Jobs Details:
Supports multiple wide area networks (WANs) and local area networks (LANs) consisting of complex architecture including multiple platforms and protocols designed to serve a large number of users with a variety of different systems requiring extensive interchange of data. Assists in routine activities related to implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring of the networked environment. Consults with department users to learn and understand network needs and service requirements. Assists in planning and integrating user needs into countywide network structure.
- Installs, maintains, monitors and documents local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs), including network operating systems (NOS) and network protocols across a number of network systems.
- Assists in routine activities related to implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring of the networked environment.
- Conducts general, basic diagnostics and troubleshoots network hardware components. Assists in resolving infrastructure problems.
- Monitors LAN and WAN performance capacity. Performs upgrades to device memory, disk subsystems and other components, as required.
- Upgrades LAN and WAN device operating systems software. Maintains system documentation changes.
- Recommends and implements LAN/WAN policies and standards and ensures adherence to approved security and disaster recovery procedures.
- Gathers and documents user requirements. Evaluates architectural, mechanical and electrical floor plans and specifications for new and existing facilities.
- Assists in the evaluation of vendor products in hardware, software and telecommunications equipment and recommends purchases consistent with the organizations short-term and long-term objectives.
- Coordinates work performed by outside vendors and monitors vendor service level agreements (SLAs).
- Perform backup and recovery services for LAN and WAN devices.
- Provides or coordinates user assistance in the field or through Help Desk activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a directly related field AND one (1) year of relevant work experience;
Any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
Valid Texas Driver's License.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA);
Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
- Federal, State, Local and County applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Information technology hardware, software and peripherals as related to assigned function.
- Network Operating Systems.
- Systems integration and multiple network protocols, such as TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, DHCP, DNS, and SNMP.
- Computer equipment to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases and a variety of software packages.
- May be required to develop knowledge of and adhere to federal and state laws requiring the confidential handling of certain health information.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Installation of LAN/WAN hardware and software.
- Both verbal and written communication, including presentations and communicating technical issues in non-technical language.
- Install, manage and monitor standard, simple Ethernet networks.
- Troubleshoot routine network problems.
- Work independently and efficiently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong customer services skills.
- Manage time well, perform multiple tasks and organize diverse activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental clientele, representatives of outside agencies and providers, other County employees and officials, and the general public.
Physical requirements include the ability to lift/carry up to 35-40 pounds occasionally, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer and office equipment. Subject to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, crawling, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, and squatting to perform the essential functions. Subject to exposure to variations in extreme heat, cold, mechanical, fume/odor, and dust/mites.
This job description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Work Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Works some holidays, evenings, and weekends.
Department: Information Technology
Location: 700 Lavaca, Austin
Successful Texas Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) Background Check Required