Contract Manager Jobs Vacancy in Thales Group Melbourne
Thales Group Melbourne urgently required following position for Contract Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Contract Manager Jobs Vacancy in Thales Group Melbourne Jobs Details:
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
When you rely on airlines to connect you in flight, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced world, we make the unpredictable, predictable by connecting and entertain passengers to make your life better. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to passengers and airlines. Whatever it takes.
We are currently looking for a Contract Manager to join the Thales Avionics, a subsidiary of Thales USA team in Melbourne, FL.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for all contract related activities in his/her assigned region(s) and/or airline client(s) and Aircraft OEM s. This will require dealing with multiple and complex contractual structures and solutions. Responsibilities include; the drafting, negotiations, and review of commercial contracts, including sales, purchasing, lease, non-disclosure, software licensing agreements, development agreements, and consulting agreements and other business and legal documents, including templates or revisions thereto as appropriate. The Contracts Manager’s contributions play a key role in enabling our Company to provide millions of passengers while inflight to watch movies and live TV, use high-speed Internet browsing, text messaging, cell phone usage (where permitted), wireless streaming, etc.
- Draft, negotiate, and review commercial contracts, including sales, purchase, lease, non-disclosure, software licensing agreements, development agreements, consulting agreements and other business and legal documents.
- Ensure flow down of contract terms and conditions as required or applicable;
- Lead the development, structure and negotiation of contractual documents customers and/or Aircraft OEMs.
- Ensure that the Bid Tender process is followed for every proposal and resultant contract for assigned accounts. Provide contractual risk analysis and contracting strategy for new business.
- Provide post-award contract management support to Program Managers for assigned contracts:
- Respond and negotiate customer claims; interface with executives and customer during claim resolution.
- Negotiate amendments to the contract, as needed
- Provide analysis and recommendations to executive management for complex contractual issues.
- Guide responsible stakeholder (ie Program Manager) in the areas of change and commitments with the customer.
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations of customers;
- Ensure activities are compliant with Delegation of Authority and other mandates adopted by the Company;
- Provide support to other functional departments regarding the Company's business operations in compliance with Thales contractual and operational processes, templates, and applicable international, federal, state and local laws and regulations;
- Assume process ownership for tracking and maintaining all key contract documents, including but not limited to contract approval records, coordinating renewals prior to expiration dates, preparing and documenting amendments;
- Prepare various summaries with respect to the status of key customer contracts and other agreements;
- Assist with the review and response to RFPs and support bid teams.
Skills and Experience:
- Law Degree (JD) preferred or the foreign equivalent of a law degree, or Bachelor’s degree with minimum 15 years proven experience drafting, negotiating, and reviewing commercial contracts with international customers in a corporate legal and/or contracts department preferably in aerospace, engineering or technology; or MBA with 12 years experience
- Experience reviewing and negotiating software and media license agreements
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including speaking to an executive level audience
- Advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects and work independently
- Ability to read, analyze, and interprets technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.