Project Mechanical Engineer High Speed Electro Actuation Jobs Vacancy in Eaton Los Angeles
- Project Mechanical Engineer High Speed Electro Actuation
- Los Angeles CA
- 10 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Eaton Los Angeles urgently required following position for Project Mechanical Engineer High Speed Electro Actuation. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Mechanical Engineer High Speed Electro Actuation Jobs Vacancy in Eaton Los Angeles Jobs Details:
- You will contribute to the growth of Eaton Actuation Systems Division through participation and contribution to process improvements, team activities, and goals.
- You will establish a conceptual approach with the assistance of the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer and complete Engineering layouts and parts lists meeting schedule and budget goals.
- You will prepare proposal drawings as required under the supervision of the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
- You will perform a variety of design and engineering calculations generally involving the application of standard mathematical formulas or available data. May derive formulas for solution of engineering problems.
- You will design and direct testing of development concepts. Participate in preparation of general test procedures and specifications in conjunction with engineering assignments.
- You will advise laboratory personnel relative to equipment operation specifications, test requirements and procedures, etc., and assist in evaluation of test results to determine equipment design and material modification requirements with the support of the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer.
- You will participate in the preparation of engineering proposals by compiling, preparing, and/or providing technical data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in mechanical design, electro-mechanical actuation systems, and/or electrical mechanical power flow
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling and the creation of detailed drawings
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Masters’ of Engineering or Masters’ of Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Ten (10) years of electro-mechanical design experience
- Experience Pro/Engineering modeling and the creation of detailed drawings
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes and ability to design for manufacturability
- In depth knowledge of DFSS/DMAIC tools and processes such as design of experiments, statistical analysis, tolerancing, etc.
- Experience with project and schedule management
- Knowledge of aerospace component test methods and capabilities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time