Resource Clerk Timber Sale Accounting Jobs Vacancy in Department Agriculture Powers
Department Agriculture Powers urgently required following position for Resource Clerk Timber Sale Accounting. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Resource Clerk Timber Sale Accounting Jobs Vacancy in Department Agriculture Powers Jobs Details:
Job family (Series)
1101 General Business And Industry
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Satisfactory background investigation and/or fingerprint check
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
Direct Deposit - Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of your choosing.
E-Verify: Federal law requires agencies to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. If you are selected as a newly hired employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS E-VERIFY' system. Under the system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
No Additional Requirements
You must possess the Basic Requirements identified below to be considered eligible for this position. Transcripts must be provided for qualifications based on education. Your application or resume must clearly show that you possess the appropriate experience requirements.
GS-04: (1) One year of general experience.
General Experience is defined as: Clerical, office, or other work such as receiving and sorting incoming and outgoing mail; using automated software to produce written documents; maintaining office files. Used common office machines or equipment such as personal computers, copying machines. Used database or spreadsheet software to enter, revise, sort, or calculate, and retrieve data for standard reports. -OR
Successful completion of 2 years above high school. -OR
A combination of education and experience listed above.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To receive consideration for this position, you must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy is being used to fill positions for FY2019 Temporary Employment Hiring season.
This position is temporary, has a Not-to-Exceed date and will be filled for up to 6 months or as a not to exceed (NTE) 1 year, however an extension of the appointment may be possible without further competition. The appointment may also end early due to lack of work or lack of funds.
The number and location of positions to be filled will be dependent upon individual unit needs.
By selecting the “Location Negotiable after Selection” option when selecting your preferred duty locations, implies your willingness to accept positions in any duty location or surrounding area on the announcement that you may not have listed as a preferred location. Selecting this duty location is encouraged as it increases your chances of receiving an offer.
Pay rates vary depending on location and may be higher or lower than the amount shown. Please visit the Office of Personnel Management’s website for additional information on pay rates.
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) : To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles must meet the agencys definition for a quality candidate as provided in the How You Will Be Evaluated section of this announcement to be considered.
If you are retired from the Federal Government and are selected for this vacancy, your retirement annuity may be offset from your pay.
This position is not eligible for telework.Availability of government housing and federal day care facilities will vary by location.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated in accordance with the category rating procedure as defined in the USDA Demonstration Project Plan. Applicants who meet the basic minimum qualification requirements established for the position will be placed in the Eligible category. Eligible applicants will be further evaluated against criteria for placement in the Quality category. This evaluation is based on the level of your experience, education, and/or training as determined by your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire. Applicants with veterans' preference are listed ahead of applicants who do not have veterans' preference within each category.
Note : If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply Online" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://fs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=6F734025-9217-4D16-B502-A95E00E74220
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents are required for your applicant package to be complete. Our office cannot be responsible for incompatible software, illegible fax transmissions, delays in the mail service, your system failure, etc. Encrypted documents will not be accepted. Failure to submit required, legible documents may result in loss of consideration.
- Resume that includes: 1) personal information such as name, address, contact information; 2) education; 3) detailed work experience related to this position as described in the major duties including work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment; title, series, grade (if applicable); 4) supervisor's phone number and whether or not the supervisor may be contacted for a reference check; 5) other qualifications.
- If education is required or you are using education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your college transcripts. An unofficial copy is sufficient with the application; however, if you are selected, you will be required to submit official transcripts prior to entering on duty. Education must have been successfully obtained from an accredited school, college or university. If any education was completed at a foreign institute, you must submit with your application evidence that the institute was appropriately accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as equivalent to U.S. education standards. There are private organizations that specialize in this evaluation and a fee is normally associated with this service. All transcripts must be in English or include an English translation.
- If claiming veteran's preference , you must submit a DD214, Certificate of Release from Active Duty, which shows dates of service and discharge under honorable conditions. If currently on active duty you must submit a certification of expected discharge or release from active duty service under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted. Veteran's preference must be verified prior to appointment. Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's preference and your application will be evaluated based on the material(s) submitted.
- If claiming 10-point veteran's preference you must provide the DD214 or certification requirements (see above bullet), plus the proof of entitlement of this preference as listed on the SF-15 Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. The SF-15 should be included but is not required. Failure to submit these documents could result in the determination that there is insufficient documentation to support your claim for 10-point preference.
- Surplus or displaced employees eligible for CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP priority must provide: proof of eligibility (RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for declining a transfer of function or directed reassignment to another commuting area, notice of disability annuity termination), SF-50 documenting separation (as applicable), and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location with your application per 5 CFR 330.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
As a temporary employee you may be eligible for health benefits. To be eligible for health coverage as a temporary employee, you must be scheduled to work at least 130 hours per month (30 hours/week) and be expected to work at least 90 days or more. If you meet these requirements, you will receive the government contribution towards the cost of the insurance and pay the same rate as permanent, full time employees.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is located within the Payette National Forest. The primary purpose of this position is in an office and provides clerical and technical support in timber resource work.
Inputs and audits permit related automated data processing documents for the Timber Sale Accounting System.
Checks every item on the accounting documents to ensure that all volumes, payment received, etc., have been entered properly, and submits necessary corrections.
Reviews permit edit updates for payments, errors, negative cash action and matches edit update with results.
Maintains log load receipt manifests and contract, KV and Salvage Sale Fund Plan folders.
Provides clerical work in support of Timber Sale Accounting Center (TSAC) business management operations.
Duties include financial management, procurement, accountable property, personnel activities and filing.
Files general correspondence and reports for timber.
Uses word processing software and printing equipment to create, copy, edit, store, retrieve, and print a variety of standardized documents using a glossary of prerecorded formats, form letters, standard paragraphs, and mailing lists.
May use database or spreadsheet software to enter, revise, sort, or calculate, and retrieve data for standard reports.
Transmits, receives, and acknowledges electronic mail and messages and makes distribution.
Occasional travel - Position(s) may involve work away the official duty location to remote worksites within commuting distance (49 miles) and may also require overnight travel and/or camping per work assignment.