Summer Operations And Programming Intern Jobs Vacancy in Super Girls Chicago
Super Girls Chicago urgently required following position for Summer Operations And Programming Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Summer Operations And Programming Intern Jobs Vacancy in Super Girls Chicago Jobs Details:
Are you a college or high school student ready to demonstrate your skills in a job that will help you gain valuable experience? Do you love doing whatever is necessary to get the job done and do you love performing a variety of tasks on a daily basis? Are you motivated by the idea that you will be helping to ensure that all kids regardless of economic standing will be able to attend amazing summer programming? Well, then you may have stumbled upon the best summer job ever!
Super 7 Girls would not function without Summer Interns. The ability of Interns to redirect their focus from week to week, day to day, hour to hour and sometimes minute to minute is critical to the successful operation of our summer programming. This internship requires a positive, solutions-oriented attitude, resourcefulness, flexibility and exceptional service mentality. We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to Super 7 Girls.
About Super 7 Girls
Super 7 Girls mission is simple - We help girls from under-resourced communities of color have superpowers (you read that right!). Now, when we talk about superpowers we don’t mean that in the metaphysical sense. When we discuss superpowers we are discussing a certain mindset. By helping girls build various skill sets that they need, they will feel emboldened, confident, smarter and…yep, you got it…superpowered. They will know that there is nothing that they are unable to conquer and that no challenge is too great.
So, you must be curious?!? How does one go about giving superpowers? We know that superpowers grow from consistent access to curriculum that focuses on education, health, financial literacy, policy, arts, leadership development, and global engagement and this consistent access helps the girls have a deep understanding of how their increased knowledge means a stronger ability to take on life’s challenges. We also know that their increased knowledge base disrupts the cycle of generational poverty and transforms the life outcomes and trajectories of the girls in our program. In essence, their superpowers enhance their overall well-being and helps them dream new dreams.
As you can see, we have big, hairy, audacious goals and we need bold summer interns to act as role models of this superpower mindset – visionary, courageous, confident, determined and reflective. Our environment is fast paced and dynamic and summer interns work hard. You can definitely expect days in which there’s a gargantuan amount of work to get done in a limited amount of hours. With that said, what makes our culture amazing is that everyone is willing to help with any task because we are all working towards the goal of helping these girls be amazing superpowered individuals.
This is not your average summer internship. We are still relatively new in the superpower giving business and everything you need to make things run smoothly may not exist yet. You have to be comfortable with the idea that you may have to create new systems to thrive and if you are not, this position is not a good fit for you. We manage to keep this level of performance expectation high in a relaxed environment. We take our work seriously but not ourselves, seriously. We promise that everyday will be an adventure – one day may involve making lunch and another may involve making special signs for an ideation day. Regardless of what you are doing you will be part of a vital team in an environment that will help you grow exponentially. You have to like to have fun, smile a lot and laugh a lot. After all, we are talking about summer programming!
Shared Values and Expectations
- Serve as an ambassador of Super 7 Girls, demonstrating our mission and values in a positive and professional manner and acting as a role model of superpower mindset
- Commit to building a safe, child-focused community
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability
- Take initiative to analyze and solve problems
- Treat others with courtesy and respect
- Respond to participants, family members and colleagues needs
- Strengthen relationships with community partners
- Maintain a high standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Commitment to educational programming for children
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
- Ability to work collaboratively on a high functioning team
- Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Able to work with and open to learning about new communities and the varying issues that impact those communities
- Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with families
- Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day
Experience & Education
- Upper level high school student, college graduate or graduate
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience working with kids or in a summer camp programming setting
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Requirements
- Serve as the liaison between summer camp vendors, Super 7 Girls and parents of the participants attending our summer camp programming
- Complete various site visits to take attendance and ensure all students are ready and prepared for programming
- Be responsible for parent communication regarding summer programming and any requisite in-person or phone meetings needs to help ensure the safety and well-being of all participants
- Manage all logistics of the participants attending summer programming which may include driving participants to specified locations
- Reliable transportation is critical given that Interns will be helping with transportation needs of participants
- Support all aspects of summer camp programming, especially the behind the scenes summer operations and programming
- Work closely with all summer programming leadership to complete various administrative duties throughout the day and week
- Provide leadership and energy to all participants and be vigilant about constantly assessing group dynamics and the needs of individual participants
- If necessary, assist in the classroom, working with participants individually during study sessions and in small groups
- Set, work toward and achieve measurable professional development goals
- Support breakfast, lunch and snack programming
Work Hours and Dates
Our summer camp programming is demanding for not only the participants but also the staff and interns. It requires intense dedication and work ethic from each team member. Depending on the specific week or day, the needs of camp and resulting staff hours may vary greatly. We seek and make offers to individuals that we believe are capable of thriving in this environment and contributing to overall success of our summer camp programming.
General Summer Camp Programming Hours Information:
- Interns may work anytime between 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday
- On occasion, assistance is needed on the weekends to help participants attend residential overnight camps
- Team meetings will be held during regular work hours
Position-Specific Hours Information
- Summer programming runs on average 5-8 hours, for Summer Interns
- Typically, you will arrive at the designated camp location around 8:30am to greet the students and take attendance. You will meet them after camp concludes at 3:00pm to help transport participants as well.
- Given the number of summer interns, we may create a shift schedule.
General supervisions, ongoing observation and evaluation is provided by the Summer Camp Director.
At this time, this is an unpaid opportunity.