Accountant Jobs Vacancy in University Florida Gainesville
University Florida Gainesville urgently required following position for Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accountant Jobs Vacancy in University Florida Gainesville Jobs Details:
The Division of Enrollment Management seeks a detail oriented, analytical professional to join their Business Services Office. The Division includes the offices of the Vice President for Enrollment Management, University Registrar, Admissions, Student Financial Affairs, UF Online Enrollment Services, and Business Services Office. The Business Services Office operates at the Division level to coordinate and consolidate talent, financial, security, audit, statutory, regulatory and legal management functions for all units. This position is directly responsible for providing accounting services including reconciliation of financial records, and budget coordination for the division and units. The position is also responsible for student financial aid funds management and processing. The position reports to the Associate Director for Business Services who is also the chief fiscal officer for the division. The person in this position must exercise independent judgment and oversight to ensure tasks are accomplished in a timely and accurate manner. All staff in the business services office must be collaborative, demonstrate superior customer service skills, initiative, and ability to coordinate a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate accounting functions for the Division of Enrollment Management and its units.
- Administer accounting systems for the division.
- Develop new procedures and/or revision of existing procedures for maintaining department accounting records. This includes formulation of policy relating to internal auditing and maintaining general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Coordinate reconciliation activities for the division.
- Review, analyze, and reconcile the financial records of all departments in the division monthly, including state and cash-based funds.
- Review expenditures, balances, and transactional detail.
- Complete routine monthly reports and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Monitor and review all processes with the business services team and initiates modifications as appropriate.
- Manage accounting processes related to student financial aid funds.
- Responsible for tracking financial aid funds from federal, state, and institutional aid programs administered by SFA. This includes ensuring adequate cash management practices, monitoring funding to prevent over or under utilization, compliance with program matching requirements or other program mandates, and completion of federal, state, and institutional reporting requirements
- Facilitate budget management for departments in the division, in concert with the Associate Director.
- Maintain financial records for the units, providing periodic reports and advising on emergency needs.
- Assist with researching, forecasting, entering, and justifying operating budget requests.
- Assist the Associate Director with budget management functions including uploading budget information in the university systems, ensuring accounts are appropriately balanced and advising unit management on the status of their funds.
- Provide data and analyses on budget issues as needed.
- Cross train in all functional areas managed and supported by the business services office, and assists or provides coverage for team members during high volume or absence.
- Maintain effective business relationships with division, college, and university core offices.
- Serve as liaison with General Accounting.
- Attend college and university meetings to ensure understanding of and compliance with rules and regulations. Recommends policy regarding accounting functions.
- Work with business services team members to keep abreast of regulatory, compliance, and process changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
$50,000 - $55,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and university regulations pertaining to accounting and fiscal management.
- Ability to prepare, present, coordinate, and monitor all federal, state, and university funding received by the Division.
- Ability to design and implement accounting systems as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Must have substantial expertise relevant to the use of computers and appropriate software.
- Knowledge of fiscal accounting functions and processes.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of a high-volume, multi-faceted job assignment where excellent customer service, attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness are critical.
Applicants must upload the following documents to be considered for the position:
1. Cover Letter
3. List of References
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.