Court Security Officer Jobs Vacancy in Paragon Systems Inc Saint Croix
Paragon Systems Inc Saint Croix urgently required following position for Court Security Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Court Security Officer Jobs Vacancy in Paragon Systems Inc Saint Croix Jobs Details:
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Contract Manager, this position supports the Security of the US Judicial complex, and the safety of the Judicial family and the general public utilizing the US Courts. The Court Security Officer (CSO) will observe and report activities and incidents at assigned locations, providing for the security and safety of client property, visitors, and personnel. The officer preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. The CSO is responsible for ensuring the safety of federal courts and court employees against unauthorized, illegal and potentially life-threatening activities. At a minimum, CSOs are required to perform the following functions:
- Entrance Control
- Roving Patrol
- Stationary Patrol Assignments
- Escort Duties
- Lost and Found
- Garage Parking and Pedestrian Control
- Maintain Law and Order
- Reports and Records
- Court Attendance Preserve Order
- Must be a US Citizen with valid Social Security Card; birth certificate; 21 years of age
- Minimum of a GED/High School Diploma.
- Due to the nature of the position, the CSO must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- At least three calendar years of verifiable experience as a certified Federal, state, county, local or military law enforcement officer (Military police); all three years must have occurred within the last seven years (this experience does not have to be consecutive). The experience must have included general arrest authority;(Must be able to provide certification as proof)
- Ability to follow established procedures and policies. Post orders to include enforcement of client/company rules, policies, and/or regulations.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position which may include long periods of sitting, walking, standing, climbing stairs, or driving with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be reliable and have a strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver's license from state of residency and a safe driving record for the past five years
- Must be able to pass a background and credit check covering the last 10 years and pass a drug screening due to the nature of the position.
- Must meet and maintain medical standards as specified by the Unites States Marshal Service (USMS); the physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
HOURS/DAYS/SCHEDULE: Schedule will be discussed at the interview. Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required.
BENEFITS: Our benefits include Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision available), 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation, Sick Leave and Paid Holidays.
Honorably discharged veterans, widow/widowers, or spouses of honorably discharged veterans who have service connected permanent and total disability are encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer and subject to the affirmative action and non-discrimination requirements of Executive order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, 38 USC Section 4212 as amended. Implementation of 41 CFR 60-1.4, 41 CFR 60-250.5, 300.5, and 741.5. Equal Opportunity Employer and follows all AA/ADAAA guidelines.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor * Priority referrals for protected veterans*
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
VA License Number: 11-4665
Job Type: Full-time
- arrest authority: 7 years (Required)
- P.O.S.T certification with arrest authority: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Federal, state, county, local, military law enforcement (Required)