Public Relations Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Philharmonic Los Angeles
Philharmonic Los Angeles urgently required following position for Public Relations Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Public Relations Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Philharmonic Los Angeles Jobs Details:
The Public Relations Assistant will help the Public Relations team with administrative tasks and see to the daily department needs, as well as acting as a liaison between the LA Phil and the media in order to promote the Los Angeles Philharmonic and all Association events and activities. These include supporting the LAPA Winter Season at the Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Summer Season at the Hollywood Bowl, special Series, run outs, tours and internal initiatives. To support the members of the department as requested. This position requires working flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, at multiple locations to meet department needs.
- General office duties including, but not limited to: placing, receiving, routing phone calls, filing, photocopying, faxing, maintaining files and records, processing department invoices, coordinating department mailings, etc.
- Monitoring all media coverage, including online and physical publications, filing of press clippings for circulation and archival storage. Preparation of special press clipping books for various projects and Board Meetings as required. Maintaining periodicals.
- Attend weekly departmental staff meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Oversee database and artist file maintenance, including but not limited to procuring biographies and photographs.
- Research and gather information for first drafts of press releases, media alerts, biographical information and other written material as assigned.
- Update the Press Section of the LAPhil.com and departmental Twitter as needed.
- Arrange and coordinate photo and video shoots for all LAPA venues including requests from outside parties, as assigned.
- Onsite concert duty, including photo duty as LAPA representative for all LAPA venues and lease events, as assigned.
- Build and facilitate relationships with the media and outside contacts, interfacing with professionalism and efficiency.
- Coordinate event logistics for galas, press conferences, press receptions, Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood Bowl events and miscellaneous events as needed.
- Accommodate ticket requests and confirmations.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive institutional information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
- General music knowledge required and a desire to work with musicians.
- One/two years previous agency, arts organization or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience with database systems an advantage.
- Creative, innovative thinker with an excellent sense of local and national media.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good team player but also self-motivated, use initiative.
- Good knowledge of social media and best practices.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.