Principal Research Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Premier Inc
Premier Inc urgently required following position for Principal Research Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Principal Research Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Premier Inc Jobs Details:
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work five years in a row and ranked #1 in the KLAS STRATEGY, GROWTH, & CONSOLIDATION CONSULTING category for 2018, industry-leader Premier Inc. is seeking an experienced Research Scientist to join its Premier Research Services team.
The Principal Research Scientist is responsible for leading, conducting, and coordinating selected research and analytical projects for Premier’s Applied Research team. This key role has significant responsibility for leading client-funded research projects in such areas as outcomes research, marketing analysis, comparative effectiveness, safety, and clinical informatics (pharmacoeconomics) through both retrospective and prospective research designs. These clients are often from the biopharmaceutical or medical device industries, government agencies, consulting organizations, and hospitals and health systems.
Projects will support Premier Information Technology Services’ revenue goals, other Premier business divisions, as well as Premier members and clients. This role also provides quality assurance review of data and reports generated by other analysts and may be responsible for mentor ship of personnel. This role serves as an internal expert in statistics and advanced research methodologies and the individual will be expected to support internal clients/projects as well. It requires the incumbent to work with minimal oversight.
Major Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define the scope of work for a project
- Consult with clients to determine research needs
- Construct and negotiate project timetable with client
- Evaluate data and deliverables relative to internal or external client’s expectations to develop research project
- Manage projects from concept to final deliverable
- Forecast revenue associated with each project and meet/ exceed forecast expectations
- Lead the creation and modification of project proposals and analytic specifications, including supporting documentation (data definitions, variable selections, measures, etc.)
- Develop analysis plans outlining the analytical scope of projects
- Perform unadjusted and adjusted statistical analysis and interpretation
- Accurately project level of effort required to execute projects to inform pricing
- Utilize knowledge of health care data, statistics, database structures and contents to aid in design of analysis
- Develop reports, documentation, presentation of analyses in format appropriate for internal and external audiences as applicable
- Conduct quality assurance review of custom program and analytic methodology
- Develop and maintain documentation for all analyses
- Develop publishable abstracts, posters, and manuscripts as required
Skills, Education & Experience:
- A Master's degree (MA, MS, MBA) required - Masters or graduate training in statistics, public health, economics, epidemiology, or related health services field required
- PhD in health services research, economics, statistics or epidemiology desirable.
- Require minimum of 10 years of experience in health services and/or clinical research (pharma/bio tech)
- Experience leading large research projects
- Experience in customer facing, consultative approach
- Expertise in working with large database
- Excellent writing skills with prior authorship of manuscripts focused on healthcare research
- 2+ years of managerial/supervisory experience is preferred
Role specific Competencies include but are not limited to:
- Expert knowledge in Research design, quantitative methodology, statistical methods
- Advanced level of statistical analyses including statistical modeling
- Ability to write research abstracts and manuscripts
- Understanding of hospital care environment
- Ability to adapt skills to perform research projects that span various health services research environments
- Advanced level of understanding of health care clinical, operational and financial data and research
- Exceptional organization and time management skills including multi-tasking and the ability to set/adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, matrix environment
- Ability to manage multiple research projects with challenging project deadlines
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, and other MS based programs)
- Microsoft Outlook
- Proficiency in SAS required
- Data querying tools (example: SQL)
- Enjoy working/learning in a technical environment; proficient in working with computers and data
About Premier Research Services:
A passion for transforming healthcare and a desire to research and publish unique business intelligence is the foundation of Premier Research Services. Our team consists of some of the United States’ foremost healthcare research experts. Together we are driving national breakthroughs that improve patient care and safely reduce costs for diverse clients – hospitals, healthcare systems, government agencies, and biopharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers.
Premier is looking for smart, agile individuals like you to help us transform the healthcare industry. Here you will find critical thinkers who have the freedom to make an impact. Colleagues who share your thirst to learn more and do things better. Teammates committed to improving the health of a nation. See why incredible challenges require incredible people.
Premier is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities!