Senior Counsel Commercial Jobs Vacancy in General Electric Evendale
General Electric Evendale urgently required following position for Senior Counsel Commercial. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Counsel Commercial Jobs Vacancy in General Electric Evendale Jobs Details:
- Role Summary:
- Structuring, interpreting, and negotiating complex deals
- Advising on purchasing in support of commercial or U.S. government business or addressing disputes with suppliers and other related commercial and compliance issues
- Provide legal advice to lawyers and non-lawyers on legal and business issues
- Oversee audits relating to emerging risks as well as corrective actions, and implement strategies that will protect the business and manage business risk
- Anticipate and drive solutions for unassigned legal and business issues and growth initiatives
- Manage referral of matters to in-house legal specialists and occasionally outside counsel
- Under minimal supervision, plans, conducts and supervises complex legal assignments
- Requiring an ability to evaluate matters that may have a major bearing on conducting the Company’s business
- Evaluates legal and business risks and advises clients accordingly
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- A minimum of 10 years of legal experience
- Member in good standing with the State Bar
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Creativity, vision, and sound judgment
- Ability to handle multiple inquiries and assignments in a time pressured environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines is essential
- Must have the ability to work with a variety of people who have varying amounts of business and legal knowledge and background
- Prior in house or at a law firm experience in any of the following areas:
- government contracts
- intellectual property
- corporate restructuring
- or real estate
- Established analytical ability
- Experience with complex business transactions
The Senior Commercial Counsel provides ongoing legal advice and support to business leaders across several product lines within GE Aviation’s Business & General Aviation business unit. In consultation with the BGA General Counsel and other members of the Aviation Legal Operation (as appropriate), the role of the Senior Commercial Counsel is primarily responsible for coordinating and managing all of the legal within their designed BGA business unit.
Additionally, as the Senior Commercial Counsel, Key responsibilities will include:
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that was recently ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top cities in the country for employment. The area offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.