Project Manager International Visitor Leadership Program Jobs Vacancy in Iie Organization Washington
- Project Manager International Visitor Leadership Program
- Iie Organization
- Washington DC
- 19 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Iie Organization Washington urgently required following position for Project Manager International Visitor Leadership Program. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Manager International Visitor Leadership Program Jobs Vacancy in Iie Organization Washington Jobs Details:
International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) is the
U.S. Department of State’s premier professional exchange
program. Through short-term visits to the United States,
current and emerging foreign leaders in a variety of
fields experience this country first-hand and cultivate
lasting relationships with their American counterparts.
Projects typically last three-weeks and are designed
around a certain topic, with participants starting in
Washington, DC and traveling to three to four other
communities across the United States, highlighting the
diversity of American society and culture. Each project
includes up to 30 participants from one or multiple
countries. The IVLP project manager oversees
approximately 15 projects per year, ensuring quality
content and implementation. S/he is paired with a
supporting team member for each project and has overall
accountability for the project’s success.
- Conducts research; develops and submits project
- Works in close coordination and consultation with
Office of International Visitors and community-based
- Oversees overall project implementation in
- Develops and maintains relationships with subject
Washington, DC meeting and site visits for project
- Closely manages each project’s budget, ensuring all
accurately and in a timely manner.
- Promotes IVLP projects through appropriate social
- Represents IIE at IVLP-related professional
- Satisfies regular and ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Supervises daily project activities undertaken by a
- Ensures compliance with applicable contract and
- Performs other related duties and functions as
Job Requirements:Education and Work Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a
a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least 2 years of related work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in projects and tasks involving complex
time-management and administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
documents such as contracts, policy and procedure
manuals and write complex reports and
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and
when working with people from other cultures;
- Ability to exercise discretion on confidential
consulting with and keeping others informed.
- Ability to easily adapt to changing organizational,
environment; work independently without close
supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of
- Ability to compare and evaluate possible courses of
- Familiarity with general office administration,
compliance, including OMB super circular, budgeting
and budget monitoring.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including
- Willingness and availability to travel within the
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills.
Essential functions are performed in a general office
setting with low noise. Job demands may require long
periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work,
as well as interactions with other team members and
external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.IIE is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.