Accounting Tech Actg Jobs Vacancy in City Seattle Seattle
City Seattle Seattle urgently required following position for Accounting Tech Actg. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Tech Actg Jobs Vacancy in City Seattle Seattle Jobs Details:
The City of Seattle is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Accounting Technician II in Seattle Information Technology's (Seattle IT) Business Office supporting Accounts Payable (A/P). As a department, Seattle IT provides technology leadership for the City enterprise, developing common standards,architectures, and business solutions; focused on developing scalable, sustainable solutions that enable departments to deliver City services more efficiently and effectively to constituents. Seattle IT harnesses the power of technology and telecommunications to facilitate City government serving Seattle's residents and businesses. Seattle IT is responsible for citywide technology governance, strategic planning and policy development, and programs that promote technology literacy and public access to government information.
The City's consolidated IT operation is 700 strong providing professional technology services across City government and beyond. We are looking for a talented professional who has a passion for service, community, and technology to join our dynamic team!
This position will perform various aspects of Seattle IT's accounts payable functions. This position reports to a Principal Accountant. Duties include:
- Process all invoices, employee reimbursements, and petty cash by creating vouchers (express, standard, vendor contract and Purchase Order) in Summit (City's accounting software system).
- Resolve any discrepancies and any outstanding invoices.
- Respond accurately in a timely manner to vendors, other departments and ITD staff regarding their inquiries and concerns (such as supporting documentation, payment status, etc.).
- Verify invoice attributes (document matching, pricing, shipping/freight, sales taxes, invoice totals, discounts, use taxes and chartfield coding).
- Route invoices for appropriate approvals.
- Review Purchasing Intake Requests (PIRs) to verify coding and approval information.
- Audit encumbrances, verify funds availability and coding on purchase orders.
- Identify costs to be billed back to customer departments.
- File source documents and maintain accounts payable files.
- Perform various duties as assigned commensurate with Accounting Tech II level including back up support to colleagues.
- In conjunction with the Summit Re-Implementation project, this individual will be expected to adapt, as well as offer input, to system related business process changes, and changing needs of the department.
Requires two years accounting/bookkeeping experience or one year experience as an Accounting Technician I; (or a combination of education/training/experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
- Experience performing a variety of Accounts Payable functions.
- Specific, in-depth use of PeopleSoft Accounts Payable and Vendor modules.
- Experience and proficiency with PeopleSoft, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures to work duties.
- Accounting experience in a governmental environment, and an understanding of government infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of technology vocabulary.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, creative problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, as well as independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interface with diverse work force within City government and other entities
- Ability to embrace, effect and manage change; a solid customer service orientation; multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet rapidly changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE: Submit cover letter & resume along with NeoGov application.
NOTE: Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive background investigation.
NOTE: This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit; International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 17.