Special Events Manager Jobs Vacancy in Barnsley Resort Adairsville
Barnsley Resort Adairsville urgently required following position for Special Events Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Special Events Manager Jobs Vacancy in Barnsley Resort Adairsville Jobs Details:
- Planning & Communication
- Prompt return of all phone calls and emails to both clients and vendors
- Conducting planning sessions and tastings with contracted clients
- Facilitating tasting and planning of menus for weddings and social events
- Advising clients on function set ups/layouts
- Directing clients to appropriate vendors and arranging vendors to supply special needs of guests
- Arranging for proper billing with the accounting department
- Getting signed BEO’s and cost estimates
- Calculating and receiving deposits on time
- Detail assigned programs and menus
- Review and distribute BEOs and resumes to appropriate departments and personnel
- Communicate any guestroom needs with appropriate personnel
- Complete and distribute a timeline for the event to ensure the necessary assistance of the staff
- Detail list of guests comments for staff review
- Attend F&B meetings to communicate special requests, client concerns and setup requests
- Arrange for special billing instructions
- Verify any changes in space needs
- Hosting Events
- Greeting host upon arrival
- Review sites for events with guests
- Arrange and host menu tastings with Chef
- Handle guests special requests or last minute changes
- Check setup of function/meal space to ensure accuracy
- Continuously remain in contact with guests during visit to ensure satisfaction or arrange for any special requests
- Meet with host on departure to convey gratitude
- Continued Guest and Vendor contact
- Maintain detailed data base of clients, remembering that all guests are potential members
- Contact all clients within 5 days to ensure satisfaction and to convey our gratitude
- Review detailed daily billing to ensure accuracy on departure
- Maintain a good working relationship with our preferred vendors
- Accurately perform administrative tasks as need or assigned
- Maintenance of all client files including contract turn-overs.
- Any and all other duties as deemed necessary
- Secondary diploma is required. College experience is an asset but not required.
- 2 years experience in Special Events Management essential. Knowledge of Wedding planning & execution beneficial.
- Excellent phone, communication and guest relation skills in English.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A good knowledge of the surrounding areas.
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.