Event Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in The Event Group Minneapolis
The Event Group Minneapolis urgently required following position for Event Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Event Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in The Event Group Minneapolis Jobs Details:
Position Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Events
Work Schedule: 40+ hours per week
Positions Supervised: None
The Event Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Event Planner, Event Manager and Director of Events with all aspects of planning and executing multiple events simultaneously.
Amount of Travel
Commute weekdays to the home office of The Event Group; travel to off-site events and meetings with clients and prospects, and conduct venue site visits as needed.
4-year degree required
- 2+ years of event registration/coordination experience required
- Additional business experience preferred
- Highly self-motivated
- Extremely organized with close attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required in all interactions with other employees, clients, vendors, and the public
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively as a team member
- Aptitude to identify and analyze needs and apply resources effectively to meet those needs
- Adaptable to changing conditions and able to communicate changes effectively
- Ability to recognize client needs and prioritize those needs based on importance and urgency
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Cvent and/or other registration database experience desired
The Event Coordinator will be based at The Event Group, Incorporated’s office in Minneapolis, Minnesota with occasional travel to the Company’s off-site events and client meetings.
- Stand/Walk – Occasionally
- Sit – Constantly
- Handling/Fingering – Occasionally
- Reach Outward – Occasionally
- Reach Above Shoulder – Occasionally
- Climb or Crawl – Not Applicable
- Squat or Kneel – Occasionally
- Bend – Occasionally
- Up to 50 lbs – Occasionally
- Over 50 lbs – Not Applicable
- Up to 40 lbs – Occasionally
- Over 40 lbs – Not Applicable
The Event Coordinator is responsible for:
- Managing registrations, including setting up databases, handling registrations, running reports, doing email blasts and working with Accounting to audit reports.
- Working with client and event staff to understand and execute the vision and logistics for each event
- Assisting with any and all roles required (e.g. speaker coordinator, exhibitor and sponsor coordinator, and/or signage coordinator)
- Assisting with event budgets, deadline calendars, event agenda and program, sponsorship and exhibitor packages
- Securing venues, speakers, entertainment, audio visual, and decorations as needed
- Assisting with vendor contracts, registrations and event marketing materials as needed, and help close out all events (e.g. assisting with vendor invoices, debriefing with clients, and brainstorming ways to enhance and improve events)
- Other duties as assigned
We provide a comprehensive benefits package. The Event Group, Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer.