Pca Inpatient Nursing Float Pool Memorial Jobs Vacancy in Umass Memorial Medical Center Worcester
Umass Memorial Medical Center Worcester urgently required following position for Pca Inpatient Nursing Float Pool Memorial. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Pca Inpatient Nursing Float Pool Memorial Jobs Vacancy in Umass Memorial Medical Center Worcester Jobs Details:
Title: Patient Care Associate II (Inpatient)
Department: Float Pool
Posting Date: January 30, 2018
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus
(3) 8-hour shifts per week. Every other weekend and every other holiday.
UMass Memorial Medical Center is the region's trusted academic medical center, and part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system. We are committed to improving the health of people in Central Massachusetts through excellence in care, comprehensive health services, teaching and research.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) and in keeping with unit specific standards, provides patient care to meet the personal needs and comfort of patients; and assists members of the health care team.
As an integral member of the patient care team, serves both internal and external customers including patients, nurses, physicians and other colleagues who support the delivery of care and services.
- Minimum of a high school education or GED required.
Current CNA or EMT license or Certified Medical Assistant is preferred, and one of the following qualifications is required:
- Prior clinical experience or acute care training, or
- Nursing student who has completed at least one clinical rotation, or
- One year experience as a PCA I – inpatient and has completed all unit based competency requirements.
- Current Basic Life Support or Heart Saver certification required.
- Computer experience preferred
- Medical Terminology preferred.
Demonstrates sensitivity and responsiveness to patients’ needs by acting as a source of information and approaches all interactions with the intention of building positive rapport and relationships.
- Provides clear, timely communication to the RN regarding observations and changes seen in patient/s. Examples, but not limited to changes in skin condition, vital signs, and/or mental status.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a safe environment. Works to utilize interventions to de-escalate patients and if unsuccessful participates in restraints in accordance with training and education as directed.
- Assists patient with daily living activities such as personal hygiene, ambulating, meals and nourishment.
- Assists in moving, lifting, positioning and transporting patients by utilizing proper safety techniques and body mechanics in all work related activities.
- Maintains patient safety by performing patient safety checks, utilizing fall prevention alternative devices/strategies as directed, and following the Restraint Policy standards when caring for a restrained patient.
- Takes and records vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure and pulse oxymetry). Measures and records patients’ height and weight.
- Performs EKG’s, phlebotomy, performs Point of Care (POC) tests and bladder scanning according to hospital standards. Collects, labels and prepares specimens for transport to lab. Performs other selected unit specific procedures such as battery changes for telemetry units, checking status of unit equipment, cleaning equipment between patients and proper storage of supplies.
- Assists RN/Licensed Independent Practitioner with treatments and procedures by preparing patient; obtaining and setting up equipment and supplies, such as intravenous and hemodynamic lines, and utilize sterile technique when indicated. Help in positioning the patient and providing the patient with emotional support. Clean up equipment and supplies following the treatment and/or procedure.
- Observes, measures, records oral food and fluid intake. Sets up full strength tube feeding solutions and refills tube feeding bags as directed. Empties and records output, as approved, from a variety of sources, e.g., foley catheter, ostomy appliances and drainage systems. Performs ostomy care on established ostomate patients as directed.
- Assists with patient admissions, transfers and discharge procedures. Functions as a unit secretary having administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to, maintaining logs, organizing patient care charts for admission/discharge/transfer and maintenance of medical records. Enters data or retrieves medical information from the electronic medical record systems.
- Answers telephone using appropriate telephone etiquette. Takes and relays messages. Utilizes intra-department communication systems, such as pagers and intercom.
- Replenishes patient and unit supplies and equipment.
- Complies with center-wide policies and with nursing department and unit based policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs as required or directed. Keeps current with hospital and unit changes by reading communication boards and/or books, bulletin boards, posted notices and reads and responds to UMMHC e mails on a regular basis.
- Participates in unit based quality improvement initiatives.
- Complies with required health, safety and HIPAA requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches and contributes in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted otherwise.