Student Job Intellectual Property Team Jobs Vacancy in Duke University Press Durham
Duke University Press Durham urgently required following position for Student Job Intellectual Property Team. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Student Job Intellectual Property Team Jobs Vacancy in Duke University Press Durham Jobs Details:
Office of the Director Group
Duke University Press is seeking a student worker to assist the Intellectual Property Team in collaboration with our internal Editorial, Production and Marketing groups. The Press is recognized internationally as a prominent publisher of books and journals, and publishes approximately 140 books annually and nearly 60 journals, as well as offering five electronic collections. Duke University Press publishes primarily in the humanities and social sciences and is known as a publisher willing to take chances with non-traditional and inter-disciplinary publications.
This paid student position would be of special interest to undergraduate or graduate students interested in scholarly publishing, copyright, intellectual property law, libraries, or licensing technology systems. The pay rate is $10.70/hour for undergraduates and $12/hour for graduate students.
The position is available for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 and requires an average of 5-10 hours of work per week, with flexible scheduling of shifts between the hours of 9am & 5pm Monday through Friday. Duke University Press is located at 905 W. Main Street, Downtown in Durham @ Brightleaf Square, and is easily accessible via public transportation.
If you are a currently-enrolled student and are interested in applying send an e-mail to StudentJobs@dukeUpress.edu before close of the position on Friday, Oct. 26th, 2018. Please put “IP Student Job” in the subject line, attach your résumé & cover letter, and include contact information for 3 references.
DO NOT Continue to Duke HR website, as indicated on left side of this webpage. INSTEAD simply e-mail the requested materials to StudentJobs@dukeUpress.edu
Position closes on 10/26/2018. Please apply for requisition number INT20181019.
- Planning displays and an Open House event as part of national University Press week
- Implementing a new Intellectual Property licensing technology system
- Reviewing and editing documentation in the IP Team’s Knowledge Base
- Cataloging and maintaining the DUP Library collection of 4000+ volumes
- Creating DUP Library subject guides and displays featuring both books and journals
- Planning discussion topics for the Press’s Equity and Inclusion Interest Group
- Assisting IP Team members with a variety of additional projects and tasks
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited university, college, community college or technical school.
- Work requires strong attention to detail, strong communication skills, some database experience.
- Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Word or equivalent; Microsoft Excel or equivalent.
- No prior experience in publishing is required.