Staff Auditor Jobs Vacancy in Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union Fayetteville
Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union Fayetteville urgently required following position for Staff Auditor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Auditor Jobs Vacancy in Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union Fayetteville Jobs Details:
Under direction of the Director of Audit & Compliance Services, the staff auditor is responsible for the timely execution of internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit department matters and projects.
- Conducts operational audits and compliance reviews considered routine and less complex in nature to determine whether current operating policies and procedures are adequate to measure and control the economical and efficient use of resources.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reviews of various reports and activities as a means of monitoring for potential fraudulent or unauthorized activity.
- Assists in audit program development or modification, data collection, procedural analysis, internal control appraisal, and preparation of findings summary and recommendations for corrective action.
- Develops and prepares quality written audit reports, in collaboration with the Director, outlining strengths and weaknesses in the control environment and compliance with credit union goals, objectives, policy, procedures, and applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Provides timely and effective internal support on all department matters including audit plan tracking, findings and remediation action dates, record retention, meeting planning, audit program development, implementation of data analytics software - to include Excel and IDEA.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality
- Maintains a working knowledge of developments in regulatory requirements, general accounting and audit principles, and audit professional standards, advancements, and theories.
- Assists in the conducting of investigations of suspected internal and/or external fraud as requested by Director.
- Provides assistance to outside auditors and regulatory examiners as directed.
- Continually develops audit skills and knowledge through internal, external, and self-initiated education and/or training opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director and/or Supervisory Committee Chairperson.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, concentration in Accounting, Finance, IT or Business preferred
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CCUIA, CUCE highly desired;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel
- Working knowledge of IDEA data analytics software desired
- 3-5 years audit, accounting, compliance, IT, risk-management experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience; preferably within the Financial Services industry.
Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Special Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter, be able to prioritize, be able to multi-task and be able to work independently
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills preferred, must have the ability to assess risk, understand and document internal controls
- High degree of discretion and ability to handle sensitive information learned through the audit process in confidence.
- Maintains strong working relationships with staff, management and external auditors/examiners
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills necessary, must be able to write draft recommendations and reports in a clear, concise manner