Senior Associate Director Medical Affairs Consumer Health Position Jobs Vacancy in Bayer Whippany
- Senior Associate Director Medical Affairs Consumer Health Position
- Whippany NJ
- 12 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Bayer Whippany urgently required following position for Senior Associate Director Medical Affairs Consumer Health Position. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Associate Director Medical Affairs Consumer Health Position Jobs Vacancy in Bayer Whippany Jobs Details:
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Associate Director Medical Affairs, are to:
- Provide the medical and scientific expertise in assessing and interpreting clinical studies and data as well as additional external medical and scientific information, which can be translated and used in commercialization activities including development of clinical claims, advertising claims, promotional claims and new product opportunities to support the company’s objectives;
- Plan, guide and implement programs, including clinical development programs, to support and drive the development of claims and new products for existing and new OTC brands;
- Communicate effectively with the marketing/commercialization groups as well as technical groups in identifying scientific insights, educating and influencing non-scientific decision makers regarding business opportunities related to clinical information;
- Provide scientific expertise in designing and interpreting clinical studies and data which can be translated and used in commercialization activities including development of clinical claims, advertising claims, promotional claims, Rx to OTC switch opportunities and new product opportunities;
- Direct clinical study publication process and takes these studies from field to Journal visibility;
- Act as the primary contact with the Health Authorities regarding medical/clinical issues and point person for representing Consumer Care in external and internal forums related to specific category activity;
- Approve advertising copy/promotional copy, create and approve public statements and internal statement from a medical perspective;
- Ensure timely and accurate medical submissions to Health Authorities;
- Assure productivity and resource objectives are met by overseeing timeline and budget requirements, including allocation of budget to specific projects;
- Build strong relationships with key opinion leaders while working with emerging scientific discovery to keep the company informed of and ahead of the most recently published literature in various categories;
- Be aware of and involved in understanding scientific category dynamics including different classes of drugs associated with each category, understanding the mechanisms of action, PK/PD profiles, safety and efficacy dimensions as well as unique profile characteristics to contribute to the strategic planning and development in support of existing and new brands.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Advanced degree in related scientific field, such as PharmD, PhD or M.D., with 6+ years of experience in clinical research and development or medical affairs in allergy or related businesses;
- Requires strong communications skills, oral and written, as well as managerial and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to interact with and influence people at all levels within Bayer;
- Thorough knowledge of scientific information, the ability to interpret and assimilate scientific data, and thought leader development skills;
- Good understanding of the key pre-clinical and clinical trial design elements, including statistical considerations, operations and interpretation of these activities as well as regulatory requirements;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to lead, network and function in diverse teams, are necessary to present critical medical and scientific information to internal departments, and to positively interact with external customers, medical thought leaders, and academic and managed care communities.
- Doctor of Medicine Degree ( M.D.) preferred
- Previous OTC Experience
- Experience working with company core data sheets
- Experience in PBRER (Periodic Benefit Risk Evaluation Report)
- Experience in approving claims and advertising copy
- Evidence of setting Medical Affairs Strategy
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States