Birth Certificate Clerk Jobs Vacancy in David Medical Center Austin
David Medical Center Austin urgently required following position for Birth Certificate Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Birth Certificate Clerk Jobs Vacancy in David Medical Center Austin Jobs Details:
Birth Certificate Clerk(Job Number: 25497-155671)
Work Location: United States-Texas-Austin-St. David's Medical Center
Job Type: Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Job Summary – The Birth Certificate Clerk is responsible for collecting the necessary data elements for the completion of the birth certificate as required by state law. Responsibilities include working with the parents to gather data that is required for the Acknowledgment of Paternity (AOP), which can be a critical and sometimes difficult part of the birth certificate process.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Completes any certification program and continuing education that may be required by state law to accurately perform the duties of the birth certificate clerk and works under the guidelines and process as defined by the state.
- Interacts with the parents to collect and document the birth information, delivering the appropriate forms to them and providing guidance in the completion of the forms.
- Works with the parents to complete the Acknowledgment of Paternity form, which can require patience, diplomacy and sensitivity if there is conflict regarding parental responsibility.
- Reviews patient medical records and other resources, as needed, to obtain required birth information.
- Reviews completed birth certificate worksheet for completeness and accuracy, ensuring that signatures of the parents are obtained for the birth certificate and any other state specific program, such as Healthy Start, Medicaid, Social Security forms.
- Enters birth certificate information into appropriate computer software program and transmits data in a timely manner as required by state law.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standard of processing two (2) birth registrations per hour.
- Meets with auditors, according to state regulations, who visit the facility on a regular basis to monitor/audit the birth certificate and AOP process, providing reports and data to them as needed.
- Changes baby names in MEDITECH as needed, from generic baby girl/baby boy to given name and validates name change in Horizon Patient Folder (HPF)/McKesson Patient Folder (MPF).
- Works closely with Obstetrical nursing staff to perform duties and may work on the floor and away from the HIM department.
- Maintains confidentiality with all PHI and HIPAA related information.
- Practices and adheres to the Code of Conduct philosophy and the Mission and Value statement.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; able to adapt to change in environment, work structure/processes, or requirements positively and proficiently. Able to multitask effectively.
- Building Trust – interacts with other in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization; operates with integrity; supports others; treats people with dignity and respect.
- Communications – communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders; able to maintain effectiveness when dealing with difficult situations or people.
- Customer Focus – ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind decisions and activities; implementing services and practices that meet the customers and organization’s needs.
- Initiating Action – takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; responds quickly and independently, and takes action that goes beyond the job requirements in order to achieve objectives.
- Managing Conflict – dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal style and methods to reduce tension between people.
- Planning & Organizing – establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently; prioritizes critical activities and assignments; stays focused and uses time effectively, preventing irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering.
- Quality Orientation – accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Work Standards – setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments.
- Proficiency in computer skills and some knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- 1 year experience in an office environment preferred. Previous experience in handling patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred.
Parallon/HCA is an equal opportunity workforce and no one shall discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status with respect to any offer, or term or condition, of employment. We make reasonable accommodations to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.