Lead Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in National Oilwell Varco Houston
National Oilwell Varco Houston urgently required following position for Lead Mechanical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lead Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in National Oilwell Varco Houston Jobs Details:
- Performs diverse engineering activities involving design and/or redesign of company products.
- Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with established policies, standards, and objectives; establishes and/or updates engineering standards and specifications as needed.
- Manages engineering projects, and ensure projects meet customer specifications and are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide training and support to fellow co-workers.
- Drives design standardization, cost effectiveness, improved performance, and manufacturing improvements across all product lines.
- Generate Engineering documentation and calculations that conform to and support best engineering practices and industry standards.
- Provide remote assistance to multiple manufacturing facilities
- Provides technical support for sales, marketing, manufacturing and field support personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years of design experience, including experience designing heavy industrial equipment. Experience with ASME Section VIII Div.1, pressure vessels, Heat Exchangers and rotating machines is preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience managing engineering and/or technical support personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively and handle multiple projects is essential.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks solid modeling CAD software or equivalent (Pro E, CATIA, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5 is desirable.
- Experience in manufacturing environment or some hands-on welding/machining experience is a plus.
- Ability to adapt and be cross-trained to learn all job duties as required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment