Test Operations Engineer Explosive Technology Experienced Jobs Vacancy in Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque
- Test Operations Engineer Explosive Technology Experienced
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Albuquerque NM
- 09 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque urgently required following position for Test Operations Engineer Explosive Technology Experienced. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Test Operations Engineer Explosive Technology Experienced Jobs Vacancy in Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque Jobs Details:
What Your Job Will Be Like
Provide oversight and facilitation within Explosive Technology Group (ETG) and its associated facilities to ensure environment is suitable for work, and people conducting both hazardous and non-hazardous operations. Duties include:
- Overseeing facilities coordination and operations at the ETG and its associated sites (4 total)
- Collaborating with line management to facilitate safe and efficient operations across the ETG including ESH, WPC, and implementation of corporate procedures
- Leading others’ work who are conducting specific activities and tasks as well as conducting them
- This is a leadership role and will require an experience person who can serve as central POC for audits among the organization, collaborate with staff performing both R&D and non-R&D work, and facilitate explosive materials coordination and performance assurance
- Will be responsible for strategic and tactical coordination, planning and implementation of needs for ETG including: maintenance of capabilities, equipment, facility needs, self-assessments and identifying gaps within complex operations to allow for continuous improvement
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) discipline plus five or more years of relevant Engineering and Operations experience; or a master's degree in a relevant STEM discipline plus two or more years of relevant Engineering and Operations experience; or a doctorate in a relevant STEM discipline; or equivalent combination of completed STEM education and relevant Engineering & Operations experience.
- Experience in supporting energetic (or hazardous) operations/sites including but not limited to WPC, ES&H, process and procedure development, and implementation of corporate requirements
- Experience in planning and implementation for equipment, facility projects and personnel conducting these projects
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working with Energetic Materials and/or hazardous operations
- Experience leading internal and external audits within organizations
- Demonstrated experience supporting remote/largescale testing operations
- Demonstrated experience vested parties (staff, lab owners, facilities, and management) to improve and upgrade operations/facilities to meet mission needs
- Demonstrated experience working with both R&D and non-R&D activities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within an organization (line and management).
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience handling budgets and project planning
- Willingness to be trained and qualified to work with explosives and other energetic materials as needed.
- Demonstrated experience of working closely with management to define processes for group
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously at multiple locations around the laboratory.
About Our Team
Department 2557 is responsible for development, qualification, surveillance, and continuous production activities related to energetic components that are integrated into the NG final product deliverables. The department’s roles also include explosive materials coordination; technical communications; and all facility upgrades and maintenance.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
- These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT