Welcome Center And Prospective Student Services Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in San Jose State University San Jose
- Welcome Center And Prospective Student Services Coordinator
- San Jose State University
- San Jose CA
- 15 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
San Jose State University San Jose urgently required following position for Welcome Center And Prospective Student Services Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Welcome Center And Prospective Student Services Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in San Jose State University San Jose Jobs Details:
Salary Range: $3,115/month - $5,475/month
FLSA status: Non - Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach and receives work lead direction from the Admissions Lead, this position is primarily responsible for Welcome Center coordination related to the recruitment and admissions of undergraduate students in support of the Enrollment Management Plan of San José State University (SJSU). In collaboration with the Enrollment Services units and various University offices, the incumbent assists in recruitment process of prospective high school and community college students. This position plays a key role in ensuring the historical and excellent reputation of the university is preserved. The Coordinator leads the work of 10-12 Student Ambassadors who provide primer tours and admission presentations to more than 20k visitors to SJSU annually. This position assists in the development of communication plans and marketing initiatives using technical software and social media.
- Provides customer services to student, families, campus visitors, faculty and staff
- Oversees the Student Ambassador Program, which entails campus tour training, providing professional development opportunities, running monthly student staff meetings, scheduling,
- Develop and implement the personalization of each prospective student and their family in regards to their campus tour (e.g. VIP page, confirmation email with parking pass, and
- Collects, analyzes, and reports campus tour survey data information on a weekly basis in order to improve services.
- Organizes individual, group, and VIP main campus tours for the university daily.
- Collects, document, and report all visit and tour statistics for the Welcome Center's annual reporting.
- Assists in the development of comprehensive communication plans using Hobsons (e.g. campus tours, non resident/international/local recruitment and yielding, prospective student
- Assists in resolving problems or issues related to the admission process and or general campus related issues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
and administering the mentoring program.
automated post tour survey via email and postcard).
management, and ASD registration and communication).
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience in event planning and community outreach efforts
- Excellent customer service in an office setting or student services environment
- Experience with databases (e.g. SIS, Banner, PeopleSoft, FileMaker Pro, Excel Spreadsheet) or comparable databases
- Experience in working email systems, internet, social media, video, and other mass communication methods
- Experience mentoring to student groups
- Experience in a high volume customer service environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Ability to learn to evaluate data and make verbal or written presentations based on the data.
- Knowledge of technology and software applications such as: Hobsons/Radius, Adobe, Microsoft, and Apple.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Attends OmniUpdate trainings in order to stay up-to-date on website technologies.
- Ability to learn the various video editing software.
- Ability to navigate Vimeo and YouTube with regards to uploading videos.
- Ability to stay current in Social Media environments.
- Ability to train student staff in areas such as: professional development, customer service, presentation skills, and business operations.
- Ability to formulate daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual, and annual reports for internal and external use.
- Ability to perform in a detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during peak recruitment season.
- Ability to attend and support local and out of area yield events.
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.