Open Rank Chemical And Biological Engineering Jobs Vacancy in University New Mexico Albuquerque
University New Mexico Albuquerque urgently required following position for Open Rank Chemical And Biological Engineering. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Open Rank Chemical And Biological Engineering Jobs Vacancy in University New Mexico Albuquerque Jobs Details:
The Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering at the University of New Mexico (UNM) is seeking applicants for two open-rank faculty positions (hiring level commensurate with experience). We seek innovative and collaborative researchers and educators in broad areas of chemical engineering. Applications are particularly encouraged in energy-, bio- and materials-related areas. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop a high-impact independent research program that cuts across disciplines, departments, and research centers, and the dedication to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Our faculty actively collaborate with federally funded research centers, a nationally ranked School of Medicine, and nearby laboratories (Sandia National Laboratories, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Air Force Research Laboratory). The UNM Lobo Rainforest (https://rainforest.unm.edu/) provides an entrepreneurial ecosystem that includes STC.UNM (https://stc.unm.edu/), innovation Academy (https://innovationacademy.unm.edu/), and other elements that translate research to market.
Qualified candidates will have earned a Ph.D. degree in chemical engineering or a related discipline by the time of appointment. Preferred candidates should have the ability and dedication to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching activities, the ability to contribute to graduate education and professional development within the interdisciplinary chemical engineering graduate program. Applicants should also have evidence of potential for developing a nationally and internationally recognized research program, and an established research program with national and international recognition is expected at the senior level. All applicants should have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
The University is responsive to the needs of dual career couples. The Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering is partnering with ADVANCE at UNM (https://advance.unm.edu) to recruit and retain excellent faculty. Albuquerque and the surrounding areas offer a family friendly and culturally diverse environment with excellent weather and numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation (WhyABQ? https://advance.unm.edu/why-abq/).
- PhD in Chemical or Biological Engineering or closely related field
- Evidence of potential for developing a nationally and internationally recognized research program or established research program that is nationally and internationally recognized at the senior level.
- Ability and dedication to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching activities.
- Ability to contribute to graduate education and professional development within the interdisciplinary chemical engineering graduate program.
- Research interests in areas that complement activities within UNM, including School of Engineering, Arts & Sciences, School of Medicine, and research centers, as well as outside UNM, including nearby laboratories (Sandia National Laboratories, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Air Force Research Laboratory)
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.