Gerber Collision Auto Body Estimator Trainee Jobs Vacancy in Gerber Collision Glass Schaumburg
Gerber Collision Glass Schaumburg urgently required following position for Gerber Collision Auto Body Estimator Trainee. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Gerber Collision Auto Body Estimator Trainee Jobs Vacancy in Gerber Collision Glass Schaumburg Jobs Details:
- Greet each customer in a cheerful, positive manner to make him or her feel comfortable and welcome.
- Maintain an appropriate dress code that characterizes professionalism and trust.
- Insure a clear understanding of service/value that Gerber provides.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and insurance partners.
- Assist customers with insurance questions and the filing of Insurance Damage Reports if necessary.
- Survey damage on vehicles to create an estimate of repair; coordinate tear-down of vehicle as needed with Production Manager.
- Complete estimates in a timely manner.
- Insure estimates are written to ensure adequate Company profits and quality repair.
- Emphasize the values of Gerber Auto Collision & Glass in the selling our service.
- Educate each customer about the repair invoiced in getting their vehicle repaired (including insurance procedures, alternative parts utilization, repair techniques, safety, value, etc. using flowchart).
- Follow up with customers about additional/supplemental damage card and possible extended repair time when necessary.
- Follow up on unsold estimates on a daily basis. (24 to 48 hours after any unsold estimate is written.)
- Follow up on all missed estimate appointments within one hour of the missed appointment.
- Review all prior damage noted (and document) and attempt to sell repair of same.
- Review the Gerber Lifetime guarantee.
- Review the insurance company guarantee.
- Verify who/how payment is to be made and document in communication notes.
- For towed in and valeted vehicles, the customer must be contacted by phone and all of the above items covered within 2 hours of vehicle arrival. Copies of all documents must be mailed or faxed to the vehicle owner.
- Insure that the likelihood of a supplement is minimized.
- Insure that alternative parts are used as appropriate or per insurance guidelines (attempts to source parts must be documented in estimating system & repair package).
- Insure that option of repair is used vs. replacement as appropriate to minimize repair cost while maintaining quality of repair when possible.
- Document days to repair in appropriate section of estimate & enterprise(use Gerber guidelines).
- Enter scheduled-in date into appropriate section of estimating system as required by insurance company.
- Note all prior damage and review with vehicle owner. Obtain signature upon check in.
- Import all estimates into Enterprise (sold or unsold).
- Enter a communication note in the "Production Grid Comment" section with any information needed by production to satisfy the customer. Also note on glass at time of check-in.
- Include the paint and trim codes in Enterprise for 100% of the vehicles.
- Create a repair order and schedule the vehicle for repairs.
- Communicate the promised completion date.
- Add any pertinent notes to repair order as to "sold/unsold" estimates, special notes, etc. Check vehicles into Enterprise. Provide the file to the General Manager
- Develop a follow-up system for all estimates not captured and for all completed jobs. (24 to 48 hour follow up.)
- Verify that all signatures, work authorizations, powers of attorney, and pre-inspection checklists have been obtained prior to initiating the repairs.
- Collect all documentation required for the repair once the job has been sold.
- Authorization to repair (signed)
- Power of Attorney
- Collect and/or rectify funds (who will pay), and document in Enterprise.
- Newly arrived vehicles must be checked in Enterprise Solutions within one-hour of the time the vehicle is dropped off.
- Scheduled delivery date and promised completion date must be confirmed/entered into Enterprise Solutions.
- Enter repair start date into estimating system as required by insurance company.
- Provide file to General Manager immediately after check-in so that labor splits can be done and job can be assigned to a production team.
- Document any discussion with vehicle owner during check-in in Enterprise Solutions.
- Windshield, or most visible glass, must be marked upon check-in with RO#, check-in date and time, insurance company, DRP or Non-DRD, special instructions for repair.
- Interface with COD customers for any supplements identified by the production team.
- Follow up with Technicians after vehicle tear down and make necessary adjustments to estimate if needed.
- Inspect all incoming vehicles for unrelated damage, odometer reading, etc.
- Assist Insurance Adjusters to create a Damage Report
- Handle add orders with insurance vendors: both DRPs and Non-DRPs. Estimator should assist.
- Provide service to Insurance Claim Re-inspectors or claims adjusters. Estimator should assist.
- Maintain a good rapport with all employees of Gerber.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Take responsibility in your area of employment with Gerber for reporting, making recommendations and correcting situations adverse to the Company’s best interest.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft products is preferred.
- Must be able to use computer screen and keyboard for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, kneel or crouch in providing an accurate estimate of a vehicles damage.
- Must possess clear vision in providing an accurate estimate of a vehicles damage.
- Should possess good decision making ability and sound judgment.
- Must be able to speak/understand the English language fluently.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must possess a strong desire to learn and have an interest in the automotive industry.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 4-6 years related work experience is preferred.
- Experience in a production auto body / body shop environment
- Prior customer service experience is a requirement.
- Photo-imaging software experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or successfully complete 16 I-CAR units within the first 12 months of employment