Research Associate Cell Circuits Jobs Vacancy in Broad Institute Cambridge
Broad Institute Cambridge urgently required following position for Research Associate Cell Circuits. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Associate Cell Circuits Jobs Vacancy in Broad Institute Cambridge Jobs Details:
The Hacohen Lab at the Broad Institute and Mass General Cancer Center is seeking a highly motivated and well-organized candidate for a full-time Research Technician I position. The candidate will play a key role in advancing the lab’s research goals to understand the mechanisms driving human immunity with an emphasis on tumor immunology. The lab has been working closely with MGH clinicians to study the immune response in patients with cancer, infections and autoimmunity using leading-edge genomics and proteomics methods. This position will be integral to this project's growth through technical and intellectual contributions of the candidate.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Isolate immune cells from patient and mouse tumors and contribute to their characterization using advanced methods of single cell molecular profiling. Candidate would work with primary cells from these tumors.
- Techniques used will include: flow cytometry, cell sorting, cell culture, single cell RNA-seq, PCR, DNA sequence analysis, western blotting.
- Ordering laboratory reagents and maintain mouse colony for tumor immunity studies.
- Maintain databases for patient derived clinical specimens.
- Organizes and accurately maintains written records of experimental procedures and data collection.
- Contribute to preparation of manuscripts resulting from data generated in research projects.
- Participates in weekly lab and project related meetings.
- Experience with common biological techniques, preferably cell culture and DNA/RNA library construction and sequencing.
- Background in biology
- Quantitative data analysis skills highly desirable
- Highly self-motivated, reliable and responsible.
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail in experimental techniques and record keeping.
BS/BA/equivalent degree in biology, cell and molecular biology, Immunology, microbiology, biochemistry or related field. Experience as a research technician or leading independent research projects ideal.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabilities