Service Center Support Jobs Vacancy in Fedex Freight Charlotte
Fedex Freight Charlotte urgently required following position for Service Center Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Service Center Support Jobs Vacancy in Fedex Freight Charlotte Jobs Details:
Job ID: 431105BR
Address Line 1: 4349 Scott Futrell Dr
State: North Carolina
Zip Code: 28214-3011
Position Status: Part-Time
Responsible for handling the needs of customers, processing documentation that accompanies the movement of freight, and performing other administrative and customer service duties as necessary in the daily operation of the service center.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Perform administrative/clerical functions, including but not limited to, maintaining files, copying, imaging, answering phones, data entry, sorting/ distributing mail and/or packages
2. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
3. Provide accurate information and assistance to customers, which includes determining pick-up and/or delivery needs, problem resolution, updating systems to meet customer special handling requirements, selling company services and provide potential leads to sales
4. Enter freight shipment information into computer system to include, but not limited to, accurately status shipments, generate freight bills and/or correct freight bills, etc.
5. Administer freight pick-up process, as required
6. Assist customers via phone, e-mail and/or fax in all inquiries, including but not limited to, tracing shipments, rate quotes, tariff discrepancies, billing and/or invoicing questions, etc.
7. Make freight delivery appointments, as required
8. Review drivers’ Hours-of-Service logs to ensure accuracy, as required; report discrepancies to appropriate leadership member
9. Assist city operations, including but not limited to, checking-in drivers and processing related documentation, coordinating drop-off situations, coordinating driver collections, etc.
10. Communicate with sales, operations and other service centers and/or departments to ensure customer’s needs are achieved and all issues are resolved
11. Reconcile cash and checks collected, prepare deposits and prepare COD check remittance to customers, as required
12. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
13. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years general office experience preferred
- One year customer service experience, preferred
- Previous transportation experience preferred
- Strong phone and interpersonal skills
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to comprehend the various FedEx service products to assist in determining customers’ needs
- Ability to use general office equipment, e.g. computer, fax machine, copier, scanner, etc
- Typing/data entry skills
- Ten-key skills preferred
- PC experience with the ability to learn required computer systems/programs
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Office/dock environment
- Fast-paced; deadline oriented
- Hours may vary due to operational needs Division Category: Administrative