Behavioral Health Navigator Veteran Services Social Case Worker Senior Jobs Vacancy in City And County Denver Denver
- Behavioral Health Navigator Veteran Services Social Case Worker Senior
- City And County Denver
- Denver CO
- 24 Apr, 2019 30 days ago
City And County Denver Denver urgently required following position for Behavioral Health Navigator Veteran Services Social Case Worker Senior. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Behavioral Health Navigator Veteran Services Social Case Worker Senior Jobs Vacancy in City And County Denver Denver Jobs Details:
About Our Job
This posting will accept applications until May 5th. Please apply as soon as possible.
About Denver Human Services
Denver Human Services provides assistance benefits and protection and prevention services to one in three Denver residents. Assistance programs include food, cash and medical benefits, child care, child support, employment first, veterans' services and general assistance for eligible Denver residents. Protection & Prevention services are provided via child, youth and adult protection, along with community-focused programming, including in-home services, designed to strengthen families and prevent future occurrences of abuse or neglect.
The dedicated staff at Denver Human Services (DHS) are here to listen and advise, helping people apply for public assistance programs. We can provide information about food assistance and financial assistance, as well as help for veterans and those who need long term care. DHS provides a range of other services, including help with transitional housing, medical assistance, and heating costs.
About Veteran Services
The Veteran Services Program is housed within the Community Outreach and Resource Engagement (CORE) division. CORE Division programs work together to connect customers to programs and services that will support them in their efforts to achieve self-sufficiency. Veteran Services engages in serving Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Veterans and their families in Metro Denver through community resource navigation, intensive case management, peer support, and behavioral health support to ensure access to services essential for successful, self-sufficient community integration.
About Our Job
Denver Human Services is currently seeking a dedicated, well-versed, and experienced individual to serve as the Behavioral Health Navigator for the Veteran Services Program. In this role, you will provide case management, counseling, referral, placement, and assessment/evaluation services to military veterans in a cross-functional team environment. This individual must also possess excellent consultation, training, public speaking, and crisis intervention skills.
The duties of the Behavioral Health Navigator will include (but will not be limited to):
- Screening and assessing for substance misuse and mental health disorders
- Referring clients to treatment and helping them access those services
- Follow up outreach to see that clients have made it to treatment and are succeeding – and then problem-solve around potential barriers if not
- Providing short-term psychotherapy to clients when appropriate
- Coordinating behavioral health aspects of team-based intensive case management services for clients
- Responding to behavioral health crises of DHS clients
- Providing expertise and guidance to DHS staff around substance misuse and mental health treatment options and funding sources
- Providing clinical trainings to DHS staff (e.g., Trauma-Informed Systems of Care training)
- Receiving and answering inquiries from the community regarding substance misuse and mental health issues
While the full pay range of this Job Classification is $ 54,661 - $87,548 our target hiring salary for this position is between $54,661- $71,000, depending on education, experience and qualifications.
This position requires an online assessment or test. Once you complete your application, if you meet the qualification for the position you will receive an email from AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org with a link to the assessment or test. We recommend that you add AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org to your safe sender list. If you do not receive the email within 30 minutes of applying, please contact AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org .
NOTE: Please attach your unofficial transcripts and list of references to your application in the required attachment section.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field
- Professional Licensure (LCSW, LPC, or related)
- Veteran of the United States military or experience serving military veterans and the veteran community
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Guidance and Counseling, or a related field.
- Experience Requirement Three (3) years of post graduation professional social case work experience at the type and level of Social Case Worker.
- Education & Experience Equivalency No substitution of experience for education is permitted. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience requirements.
- Licensure & Certification By position, requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
About Everything Else
Job ProfileCA2690 Social Case Worker Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Pay RangePay Range $54,661.00 - $87,458.00
AgencyDenver Human Services
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.