Curbed Reporter Jobs Vacancy in Vox Media New York
Vox Media New York urgently required following position for Curbed Reporter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Curbed Reporter Jobs Vacancy in Vox Media New York Jobs Details:
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. Vox Media's networks and businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
We're looking for a full-time reporter to join the Curbed NY team and own the beats this site treasures: housing, transportation, architecture, new developments, neighborhoods, and urban planning. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about—even obsessed with—New York City, and all of the things that make this place tick. They should be as excited about covering a City Council meeting as they are about digging into the city's history for a deeply researched feature.
We're looking for someone with top-notch writing skills who can easily toggle between original reporting, news items, breaking news, and evergreen round-ups. This writer should be an ideas machine who excels in a fast-paced environment and will be able to produce on deadline. Please note that this is not an aggregation job: The Curbed NY reporter will be responsible for original reporting, as well as working on occasional features with longer lead times.
Interest in social media—e.g., you use Twitter and enjoy it—is also a must, as the gig involves attention to that sphere.
What you'll do:
- Write stories in a variety of formats (breaking news, enterprise reporting, maps, etc.)
- Be comfortable meeting short- to long-term deadlines
- Uncover scoops related to Curbed's areas of coverage
- Cultivate sources and maintain contacts related to Curbed's areas of coverage
- Cover relevant meetings (City Council, Landmarks Preservation Commission, etc.), events, and press conferences
- Promote content via social channels and other professional connections
- Collaborate with other Curbed teams—engagement, visuals, other city editors, and leadership
- Minimum 2-3 years experience writing and/or editing content about New York City (relevant coverage includes metro, real estate, transportation, architecture, urban design, and local news)
- A competitive streak—you delight in scooping the competition
- A keen eye for what makes a compelling news story
- Excellent organizational skills, focus, and the ability to work independently or in a group
- A passion for and knowledge of New York City, from its history to its transportation systems to its future skyscrapers
- Knowledge of how to use social media to share stories and get tips
- Impeccable grammar and attention to detail with an eye toward clean copy
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.