Safety Scheduling Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in State Arizona Phoenix
State Arizona Phoenix urgently required following position for Safety Scheduling Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Safety Scheduling Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in State Arizona Phoenix Jobs Details:
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (ADOT)
Driving the future of transportation with a diverse and innovative team
All Arizona State employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems and improve processes and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
To learn more about ADOT CLICK HERE and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn
SAFETY & SCHEDULING COORDINATOR
(PROGRAM PROJECT SPECIALIST 2)
ASD/Equipment Services Maintenance Operations
2225 S. 22ND Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85009
This position maintains and monitors the statewide standardized preventive maintenance (PM) policy and program to ensure that all technical maintenance requirements are performed during preventive maintenance cycles for over 10,000 vehicles and for managing the safety program for the 23 EQS shops and administrative locations statewide.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and monitor statewide vehicle/equipment emission requirements, special safety inspection and equipment evaluation programs.
- Prepare timely notification reports to coordinate all of the above maintenance requirements to over 200 separate organizations and 23 EQS automotive repair maintenance facilities.
- Manage all OEM and ADOT initiated equipment recall and campaign programs.
- Develop long-range rules, policies and procedures in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations and will also write reviews of accidents and near-miss incidents as needed or directed.
- As the safety manager, this position requires them to conduct on-site safety inspections, meetings and serve or lead accident review boards, requiring some travel.
- Provides advice and problem resolution on safety or injury related issues and ensures that the Environmental Safety Program guidelines are followed by coordinating and screening all chemical products used by EQS Shops through appropriate channels.
- Assemble maintenance data drawn from Fleet Focus and other fleet management systems to prepare, analyze and disseminate Monthly EQS Shop Metric Reports to managers and supervisors.
- Analyze performance to identify negative trends and work closely with shop supervisors for improving performance.
- May drive a vehicle in the course and scope of state business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- ADOT, OSHA, state, federal and local laws and regulations relative to vehicle maintenance and repair
- Vehicle repair and service processes including any specialized inspection requirements
- PM processes and manufacturers requirements for implementing maintenance programs on light and heavy duty vehicles
- Federal Codes of Regulations relative to vehicle repair in the areas of Occupational Safety, Protection of the Environment, Transportation and Transportation Safety. As well as applicable Arizona, Arizona County and local laws, rules and regulations in these same areas.
- Effective written and oral communication to coordinate and process PM and other inspection requirements for over 200 separate vehicle using organizations and 23 maintenance facilities.
- Conflict and issue resolution
- Utilizing a variety of computer systems including office management, fleet management report and query generating software.
- Analyze fleet make up and prepare maintenance plans to balance shop manpower capability with fleet maintenance requirements
- Comprehend ADOT, OSHA, state, federal, local laws and regulations relative to vehicle maintenance and repair
Ideal candidate will have 4 years of experience in a wide variety of vehicle maintenance and fleet management operations to include shop operations, fleet management functions, workload control and data collection, and maintenance systems operations.
A minimum of at least 16 hours special training in OSHA industrial regulations. Training must be detailed on the resume to receive credit.
Employment is contingent upon passing a medical/physical examination.
This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete page 7 and sign the Driver Form on page 8 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
- Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
- Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
- Accrued vacation pay and sick days
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Deferred compensation plan
- Wellness plans
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
ADOT supports a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of the Agency, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
To submit your resume click the "APPLY NOW" button below
Having trouble applying for this position?
Email [email protected] or call (602) 542-4700 for assistance.