Materials Planner Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering
Quest Global Engineering urgently required following position for Materials Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Materials Planner Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering Jobs Details:
Requires a broad understanding of Microsoft office, material requirement planning, and manufacturing philosophy lean principles; Monitoring the performance of work orders and general test and assembly to ensure work orders stock on or before due date and ship to applicable customers on time. Being able to monitor data and react accordingly to inputs.
- Release work orders to shop floor material complete to maintain lean flow manufacturing process
- Status units and provide updates to manager and team members
- Perform material transactions as required on a daily basis to ensure units are material complete.
- Expedite units and hardware through receiving inspection, final inspection, outline, traffic, and shipping.
- Interface with other departments to ensure correct prioritization of product and plant site metrics are met.
- Track and drive material orders to completion
- Expedite hardware through process
- Assist factory associates in achieving lead time for end assemblies
- Assist team with duties associated with a planner
- Reduce aged work orders over 100 days to zero as measured at the end of the month
- Achieve on-time delivery goal of 95%
- Assist in stocking units and generating stock bills
- Deliver necessary paperwork to factory associates enabling shipping of product
Secondary Job Functions:
- Support project management and program management to quote and close work packages
- Develop work instructions to implement best practices / lessons learned and ensure repeatability
- Collaborate, mentor, and train other QuEST Team Members.
- Participate in technical reviews within your knowledge base.
- AS degree in an Engineering or Technical domain (or equivalent experience)
- BS degree in an Engineering or Technical domain preferred
- ERP/MRP history
- Experience or familiarity with the manufacturing of hardware required
- Proficiency manipulating data within MS Excel to create graphs, charts, and tables required
- Ability to create business correspondences and progress updates using email and MS PowerPoint required
- Experience with Business Management Software, ERP, and Databases required; experience with SAP required
Personal Work Attributes
- Strong teamwork, communication, and problem solving skills are required
- Self-motivated, disciplined, passionate, and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal and networking skills
- Ownership and accountability for responsibilities
Core Value Alignment:
Customer Focus: Strive to exceed our customers’ expectations each and every time
Teamwork: Draw strength from teamwork / collaboration irrespective of geographical, organizational, and cultural boundaries.
Accountability: We shall be quality conscious, process disciplined and strive for continuous improvement.
Change Championship: The speed at which we adapt is critical to our success.
QuEST’s continued success is based on the sustained alignment to the core values. Please be prepared to discuss the alignment of your personal values to these core values.
Typical Career Paths
- Supplier Development Engineer: Manage supplier activities to ensure quality of components and reduce cycle times.
- Be the technical focal point to coordinate Sourcing, Design, and Materials.
- Technical Leadership: provide technical guidance, review other team members’ work, evaluate capabilities, develop team competencies, develop and improve technical processes, create technical collateral, and create technical tools.
- Managerial Leadership: project management, personnel management, alignment of team members’ efforts, set and evaluates annual goals, performance feedback, hire and on board, and strategic business decision-making.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Shop Floor involvements with Occasional Office Environment
- Common activities include sitting, walking, and standing.
- Substantial amounts of parts locating and customer interaction, with telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Windsor CT
Compensation Type: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Team Lead (May also take direction from the project leader)