Administrative Professional Jobs Vacancy in State Ohio Jobs
State Ohio Jobs urgently required following position for Administrative Professional. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Professional Jobs Vacancy in State Ohio Jobs Jobs Details:
- Operates computer equipment and various web-based programs/software to create, compile reports, (re)produce, load and or merge attachments involving complex technical, legal, statistical and confidential material (e.g. legal opinions orders from hearings, results of investigations, psychological evaluations, treatment plans, arrest reports, pre-sentence and post-sentence investigations, identifying information, final releases and all other parole and probation reports) from written copy or oral instructions.
- Proofreads, copies and makes corrections.
- Assists in training and or trains other employees in proper operation and function of equipment and programs, in solving problems and or monitors systems by troubleshooting.
- Creates, enters and retrieves data/reports into computer system.
- Files and or maintains distribution of correspondence & reports.
- Searches files and retrieves material.
- Creation of new files.
- Hard copy and server folders, processed closed files.
- Initiates and tracks offender placement process in computer system.
- Maintains inventory and orders office supplies.
- Schedules maintenance on office equipment.
- Schedule maintenance on state vehicles.
- Operates Law Enforcement Automation Data Systems (LEADS) computer, National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer, Ohio Court Network (OCN), Ohio Law Enforcement Gateway (OHLEG) and BCI&I terminal to locate and identify Ohio Parole, Probation, Furlough violators at large.
- Retrieves criminal histories NCIC, BCI&I, parole/furlough violator forms.
- Enters into LEADS and NCIC confidential criminal offense data and identifying information about offenders (e.g., address, date of birth, social security number, fingerprint code, alias, identifying marks such as scars and tattoos).
- Forwards jail slate information to appropriate supervision unit.
- Receives visitors, answers routine requests and answers telephone calls.
- Schedules training sessions and other meetings schedules hearings and maintains conference room(s) scheduling. Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Receives and logs in material/office supplies.
- Types routine correspondence, attends training sessions.
- Participates on committees and performs other related duties as requested.
1 yr. trg. or 1 yr. exp. in secretarial science or business office applications.
For positions requiring technical terminology, applicants must also have 6 mos. trg. or 6 mos. exp. in relevant technical terminology.
- Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications For Employment noted above
(*)Developed after employment.
ALL ANSWERS TO THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS MUST BE SUPPORTED ON YOUR CIVIL SERVICE APPLICATION.
The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. An individual assessment of an applicant's prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction is prohibited from hiring:
- Individuals who have engaged in sexual abuse in a prison or other confinement facility; have been civilly or administratively adjudicated, or convicted of engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, implied threats of force, or if the victim did not or was unable to consent;
- Individuals convicted of soliciting or providing support for an act of terrorism, terrorism, or money laundering to support terrorism;
- Individuals who have been convicted of or pled guilty to a felony where a direct correlation exists between the position and prior criminal behavior. (example: individuals convicted of a felony involving fraud, deceit, or theft from holding a position that has substantial management or control over the property of a state agency.)
** Correspondence regarding your application will be sent to the email address provided on your application. **
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply on-line. Paper applications WILL NOT be accepted. DO NOT submit your application to the institution.
You may be required to demonstrate how you meet minimum qualifications.
The final applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to urinalysis prior to an appointment to test for illegal drug use. The State will decline to extend a final offer of employment to any applicant with a verified positive test result. Also, an applicant with a positive test result will not be considered for any position with the State of Ohio for a period of one year. NOT APPLICABLE TO CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES.
The Department of Rehabilitation & Correction is a tobacco-free workplace.
Background Check Information