Information Technology Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Emporia State University
Emporia State University urgently required following position for Information Technology Support Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Information Technology Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Emporia State University Jobs Details:
Information Technology Support Specialist
IT Client Support Specialist
Director of Infrastructure
End-Users, IT Team Members, IT Leadership, External Departments
The Information Technology Support Specialist works as part of the overall endpoint deployment team, assisting with the day to day operations of the endpoint installation and management, issue resolution, and solution development. This position has a focus on campus endpoints, classrooms and computer labs including inventory, refresh cycles, issue resolution, configuration and maintenance.
POSITION DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
Monitors ticket queue and is the first responder on Tier 2 tickets. Works closely with the help desk staff and participates in cross training between Client Services and Help Desk. Aids in dispatching students to work ticket assignments. Goes on campus for break-fix issues that cannot be resolved remotely.
Endpoint Deployment and issue resolution: Make decisions regarding the deployment and configuration of Windows, Mac and other device hardware. Manage the configuration and deployment of client systems (computers, mobile devices, printers, etc.). Work with other system administrators to deploy server based virtual hardware including virtual desktops and kiosks. Resolve issues with end users regarding hardware and software problems.
Continue to contribute a detailed library of documentation that covers the design, implementation and maintenance of routine procedures. Research new systems and or solutions that will integrate with existing solutions.
An incumbent in this position must meet any of the following criteria:
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Associate's degree in relevant field, with 2+ years of relevant experience. .
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field, with 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Relevant industry standard certifications such as A+, MCSE, MCP may substitute for one year of work experience each, up to two years
- Experience in Help Desk/Call center environment
- Experience with training/instruction
- Experience creating training curriculum and materials
- Experience working in higher education
- Project management coursework or experience.
- Experience with current MS Office suite
- Experience with ERP systems a plus
Preferred Personal Attributes:
- Maintain a postive attitude, good morale, and cooperation promoting teamwork and partnering with other IT team members.
- Strong communication skills to communicate with different people at different technical levels throughout the university.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong work ethic (e.g., dependable, professional) and proven ability to work in an environment involving tasks that require strict confidentiality.
- Hourly Rate: $18.27 - $21.16
- Health Care Benefits
- Paid Leave
- Excellent working environment
- Opportunties for professional development and growth
Interested individuals meeting position requirements should include resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to Ms. Karis Williams via email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) , or Campus Box 4018, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS, 66801. Review of applicants will continue until the positions are filled. Background check is required.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.