Senior Research Associate Scientist Biology Jobs Vacancy in Arvinas Inc New Haven
Arvinas Inc New Haven urgently required following position for Senior Research Associate Scientist Biology. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Research Associate Scientist Biology Jobs Vacancy in Arvinas Inc New Haven Jobs Details:
Arvinas is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing new small molecules ‒ known as PROTACTM protein degraders (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) ‒ aimed at degrading disease-causing cellular proteins via proteolysis. Based on innovative research conducted at Yale University by Dr. Craig Crews, Founder and Chief Scientific Advisor, the company is translating natural protein degradation approaches into novel drugs for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. The proprietary PROTAC-based drug paradigm induces protein degradation, rather than protein inhibition, using the ubiquitin proteasome system and offers the advantage of potentially targeting “undruggable” as well as “druggable” elements of the proteome. This greatly expands the ability to create drugs for many new, previously unapproachable targets.
Education and Training
- BS/MS with 4+ years of Pharma/Biotech drug discovery experience, or PhD with 2+ years of relevant experience
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with biochemical and biophysical assay development, to evaluate compound SAR and characterize mode of action
- Experience with fluorescence-based assay techniques (e.g. TR-FRET, AlphaLISA, FP, etc.) and label-free technologies (e.g. SPR, MST, etc.) is highly desired
- A solid understanding of protein biochemistry and enzymology
- Experience with protein expression and purification is preferred
- High-throughput assay development and screening, plus experience with automated liquid handling instrumentation experience is also preferred
- Strength in experimental design, execution, and data analysis
- Innovative, independent, motivated and productive problem solver with excellent communication skills who also works effectively in a team setting
- Organized, goal-oriented and timeline-conscious
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Required)