Patient Services Representative Jobs Vacancy in Upmc Pittsburgh
Upmc Pittsburgh urgently required following position for Patient Services Representative. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Services Representative Jobs Vacancy in Upmc Pittsburgh Jobs Details:
Apply today for a Patient Services Representative with the UPMC Greater Pittsburgh OB/GYN network. This position will require travel to the following locations: Mercy Hospital, West Mifflin, Moon, and Bethel Park. This position will work Monday-Thursday 7:30-4:30, Friday 7:30-2:00, and Wednesday evening until 7:00 pm. A Patient Services Representative is responsible for welcoming patients upon arrival, promoting the usage of new and emerging consumer-friendly technologies, educating patients on their copayments and financial obligations and collecting payments when applicable, scheduling subsequent appointments within the continuum of care, connecting patients to financial advocacy resources when appropriate, updating patient’s demographics and insurance coverage information, and promoting an overall culture of service excellence. We are seeking candidates with a strong customer service background and a desire to be empowered to ensure a positive experience during a patient's visit to UPMC.
Are you up for the challenge? Apply online today!
- Appropriately distribute / triage phone calls to other areas and / or clinical providers
- Assist patients in education of financial responsibility and connect them to advocacy resources as needed
- Assist with administrative duties in the office including but not limited to scanning of medical records and faxing
- Collect copayments and any other applicable patient payments at the point of service
- Confirm and/or update patient registration information at checkout
- Confirm/verify insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier via online verification systems or telephone inquiries
- Guide patient through use of self-arrival technology or check-in patient at desk depending on patient preference
- Help patients navigate the healthcare system by providing clear and understandable instructions. Provides follow-up to unresolved patient questions or needs to ensure the appropriate continuity of care.
- Obtain signature of patient or family member for consent to treatment and financial responsibility following the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations
- Promote MyUPMC patient portal and assist patients in registration when applicable
- Provide a warm greeting for all patients
- Register patients in Biometrics (fingerprint recognition) program and explain benefits
- Schedule follow-up appointments within the practice at checkout
- Schedule or connect patient to resources to schedule for ancillary services at checkout
- Understands the principles of service recovery and is both empowered and responsible for taking appropriate action to recover from service that does not meet the expectation of the UPMC Experience.
- Completion of high school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Experience with personal computer based applications, other various office equipment and proficient typing skills are preferred.
- Two years of experience in a medical / billing / fiscal or customer service function is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Prior experience with Medipac, Epic, or other health records systems is preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities