Veterinary Assistant Technician Experience Only Jobs Vacancy in Woodstock Veterinary Hospital Woodstock
Woodstock Veterinary Hospital Woodstock urgently required following position for Veterinary Assistant Technician Experience Only. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Veterinary Assistant Technician Experience Only Jobs Vacancy in Woodstock Veterinary Hospital Woodstock Jobs Details:
** MUST HAVE 1 - 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE AS A VET ASSISTANT/TECH
Must be able to work a flexible work schedule that includes weekends. You will be required to work Community Events/Vaccine Clinics.
Role and Responsibilities
Veterinary Technicians use their knowledge and skills to assist veterinarians in the care and treatment of animals. You will work closely with supervising veterinarians to provide preventive care, diagnose injuries and illnesses and perform medical procedures on our patients. Although the job requires a great deal of collaboration with the veterinarians and staff, you will also have the opportunity to work independently.
As a Veterinary Technician you will greet and handle all our clients with professionalism, within the protocols and high standards we have set for our practice. You must be efficient and effective, able to multi-task, and provide a liaison between client and veterinarian. At all times, a technician must maintain a warm, yet professional appearance and demeanor.
A Veterinary Technician is responsible for all patient medical history. Maintaining and inputting patient medical history requires basic typing skills, thoroughness and neatness. All technicians must learn the hospital's schedule from appointments to the number of anesthetic procedures per day. Technicians must also be proficient in our invoicing procedures. Invoicing clients is primarily a technician’s responsibility requiring efficiency and accuracy.
A technician is responsible for maintaining a clean and clutter-free workspace. Technicians also keep the exams room clean and stocked. All other cleaning duties within the hospital are assigned to staff members on the daily schedule on an alternating weekly basis. Technicians are fully responsible for the kennel, cleaning duties within and the daily care of the patients staying in it.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effectively communicate in the English language both in writing and orally.
- Accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Solve problems involving several variables.
- Regularly stand for extended periods, and be able to reach and feel with hands and arms.
- Frequently walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch, and lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain confidence around pets.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office Programs such as Word and Excel, and become proficient in a short time period with our veterinary management software.
Common Technician Duties, not limited to:
** Familiarize yourself with our written hospital protocols, understand why they are implemented, and follow them strictly unless otherwise instructed by administration
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol
- Assist veterinarian in medical procedures using proper restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique
- Maintain and use medical equipment such as IDEXX Lasercyte and autoclave
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis
- Monitor patients under anesthesia - Induce anesthesia and intubate patient
- Administer treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form
- Initiate emergency procedures
- Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia, fecal, and heartworm test logs
- Fill prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
- Take radiographs
- Assist Veterinarian in exam room
- Take a thorough medical history
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration
- Perform dental cleanings
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytology’s
- Perform catheterization- urinary and venous
- Complete ear cleanings and nail trims
- Patient care/feeding in kennel
- Kennel maintenance and cleaning
- Perform baths and basic grooming procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Small animal hospital, work in front and back of hospital, high level of client interaction, exposure to x-rays and anesthetic gases with proper protective measures. Potential for exposure to zoonotic diseases and possible hazardous materials.
Continuing Education Requirements:
4 CE classes/meetings suggested, per year
Job Type: Full-time
- Veterinary Technician: 1 year (Required)
- veterinary assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)