Manager Mission Assurance Execution Analytics Jobs Vacancy in Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque
Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque urgently required following position for Manager Mission Assurance Execution Analytics. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Mission Assurance Execution Analytics Jobs Vacancy in Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque Jobs Details:
What Your Job Will Be Like
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that helps tackle some the most challenging issues facing our nation's security?
The Z Experimental Capability Management Group (1670) is seeking a team-focused and innovative Manager to lead the Z Mission Assurance, Execution & Analytics. The department leads the execution of experiments on the Z facility, a flagship facility within the NNSA complex capable of producing extreme radiation environments. A key aspect of the department is to assist in increasing the shot efficiency and efficacy of the facility by working closely with management, experimental programs, and diagnostics to develop and institute systemic improvements (e.g., creative and thoughtful ideas, technologies, and processes). The Manager will grow and develop the expertise and knowledgebase needed to advance the mission into the future. The department is multi-disciplined and is responsible for and has expertise in:
- System Engineering for the effective operations of the Z facility
- Application developers focused on increasing configuration management and information distribution of experiments
- A team (12 individuals) focused on the refurbishment of the Magnetically Insulated Transmission Lines and Insulator Stack and the installation of experimental hardware and instrumentation for Z experiments
- This is higher hazard work where the team employs respirators and other controls to prevent exposures to Beryllium and other hazards
- Work planning and controls for the Z facility. This includes hazard analyses, document preparation, documentation review, building access and waste management
The manager is expected to be an integral member of the Group 1670 management team and the broader Center-management team collectively supporting the overall management and operation of Z and advancing its capabilities and usage into the future.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Spend time within the Z facility to triage and assign resources to questions that arise
- Provide leadership, oversight, and direction of the department’s ongoing work portfolio and scope
- Engage and foster excellent partnerships with users and other stakeholders to assure high-level requirements are established and met
- Support briefings and tours to the NNSA and others at the Z facility
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to business rhythm, practices, processes, and control and oversight procedures
Are you ready for your next challenge? Join our team and achieve your dreams while making a difference.
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline plus eight or more years of experience, or equivalent engineering or scientific experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills and ability to perform independent research and development
- Direct management, program management and/or leadership experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoE Q Clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with activity-level work and ES&H management
- Masters and/or PhD in a related STEM discipline
- 2 years of demonstrated leadership experience or 5 years program/project leadership experience
- Experience in systems engineering and/or web-based application development
- Experience and success in recruiting, hiring, mentoring, developing, and leading exceptional professional staff at all levels (e.g., members of technical staff, technologists)
- Experience with &/or knowledge of pulsed power, high-voltage or high-current electrical systems
- Experience conducting experiments
- Experience managing and maintaining ES&H operating envelopes for laboratory facilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Excellent ability to assess situations, deal with intricate problems, and address conflict productively and respectfully
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and manage R&D projects
About Our Team
The Z Experimental Capability Management Group (1670) is the backbone of the world's most powerful pulsed power facility which creates unique High Energy Density physics environments and record above-ground radiation sources. The three departments create scientific, engineering, and technical solutions to realize efficient operations, cutting edge diagnostics, and new subsystems and infrastructure to advance and steward the Z facility. Through an adaptive, agile and collaborative workforce, highly complex and integrated experiments are performed almost daily that meet stockpile stewardship objectives, advance the frontiers of science, and visibly contribute to the US nuclear deterrent. The group not only provides a world class facility for scientific discovery, it provides a world class facility for its staff to learn, grow, and develop their careers in a fast-paced, one-of-a-kind working environment.
The Z Mission Assurance, Execution, and Analytics department (1671) is responsible for developing, administering, and monitoring planning and execution processes for Z experiments, developing web-based tools to support planning processes, and executing operations related to configuration and installation of tailored experiments in the Z machine. The department also stewards the systems engineering discipline for the pulsed power sciences center and collaborates across the center by using its expertise in systems engineering and software tool development to support the center’s other experimental facilities and activities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
- These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.