Reporter Jobs Vacancy in News Observer Publishing Raleigh
News Observer Publishing Raleigh urgently required following position for Reporter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Reporter Jobs Vacancy in News Observer Publishing Raleigh Jobs Details:
The News & Observer in the vibrant city of Raleigh, N.C., is looking for a smart, energetic journalist to discover and cover breaking news as well as interesting, offbeat stories from across the state and region.
The reporter will work Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., checking for overnight crime and major traffic issues and reporting from crime scenes with videos, photos and social media. Working with the real-time team, the reporter also will be responsible for writing and contributing to quick stories designed to drive the social and cultural conversations around the state.
HIghly qualified candidates will have:
- The ability to write quickly, accurately and engagingly
- Solid news judgment and excellent journalism ethics
- An intuitive sense of what’s important and interesting to audiences on all platforms
- A deep curiosity and high energy
- A collaborative work ethic and the ability to communicate easily with people around the office and across the company
- Proficient knowledge of technology including content management systems and storytelling tools
- Ability to quickly and accurately research and verify the authenticity of information, sources, photos and video
Education: College degree required.
Personal Attributes: Energy, flexibility, creativity, and time-efficiency.