Admissions Officer Jobs Vacancy in Oliver Scholars New York
Oliver Scholars New York urgently required following position for Admissions Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Admissions Officer Jobs Vacancy in Oliver Scholars New York Jobs Details:
Organization Summary: Oliver Scholars prepares high-achieving Black and Latino students from underserved New York City communities for success at top independent schools and prestigious colleges. We provide crucial support for our Scholars so they can realize their full potential and ultimately give back to the city, the nation, and the world.
Position Summary and Reporting: Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Enrollment, the Admissions Officer will be an integral part of the Admissions team. S/he must have an engaging personality, and should be able to articulate the mission of Oliver Scholars, extremely detailed oriented, at ease with data and database systems, eager to develop and deepen collaborations with schools and community-based organizations, excited to grow awareness of Oliver Scholars, and able to prioritize, organize, and multi-task in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Recruitment & Admissions (50%):
- Serve as the initial contact person for admissions inquires by telephone, mail, or in-person
- Communicate with nominators and families on a regular basis to give updates, request documents, and answer questions
- Engage in outreach efforts to prospective families, which may include follow-up on missing documents
- In consultation with the Director of Admissions and Enrollment, make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified applicants based on incompatible educational goals or program criteria
- Be a part of the team that screens and reads applications for prospective students, confer with Admissions and Placement committee to decide on applicants
- Develop and maintain relationships with a network of representatives from feeder schools, churches, civic and community-based organizations, Alumni, and other volunteers
- Research and analyze data of NYC public and charter schools
- Attend high school placement fairs/open houses
- Manage large mailings for all public, private, and parochial schools
- Coordinate the process for receiving students’ state exams and report cards from guidance counselors
- Provide operational support and assist with planning of admissions and recruitment events
Data Entry (45%):
- Responsible for entering and keeping track of all student records (nomination forms, application forms, test scores, reference letters, tax forms, etc.) and uploading documents to each applicant’s individual file
- Organize interview reports and transfer them to an electronic platform
- Assist with troubleshooting nomination and application forms, accounts and other helpdesk functions with parents, school personnel, and staff at community-based organizations
- Maintain contact information in the database for school personnel, applicants, and volunteers, and update on a regular basis
- Manage the Admissions Outlook calendar and collaborate with the Director of Communications on admissions-related website updates
- In consultation with the Director of Admissions and Enrollment, create and send e-blasts (via database messaging platform) to parents with updates on application status and invitations to Admissions’ events, including testing and interviews
- Maintain spreadsheets and other tracking tools for Admissions reports
- Collaborate with Database Manager on database changes to enhance the admissions experience
Other Duties (5%):
- In consultation with Director of Admissions and Enrollment and VP of Program and Operations, coordinate the distribution and collection of surveys
- Provide supervision to Scholars, volunteers, and interns at admissions and recruitment events
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the mission of Oliver Scholars
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) required
- 1-3 years’ experience working with students and families in K-12 or higher-ed
- Outstanding public-speaking and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Able and willingness to work weekends and late evenings
- Deep understanding of the broad educational issues facing educational systems, and students of color in particular
- Valid NYS Driver’s license preferred
- Knowledge of database management and familiarity with FileMaker highly preferred
- Familiarity with independent schools and previous admissions experience preferred
- Be extremely well-organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new techniques, procedures, and processes as needed
- Commitment to high professional and ethical standards
COMPENSATION: The Oliver Scholars Programs offers a competitive salary with benefits package including a 403(b) plan.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success. Oliver Scholars is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, or current employment status. Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time