Mechanical Designer Jobs Vacancy in Discrete Search Asheville
Discrete Search Asheville urgently required following position for Mechanical Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Designer Jobs Vacancy in Discrete Search Asheville Jobs Details:
One of our client partners is currently looking to add on to their design team. If you are tired of working on the same designs and would like to tap into some of your own creative juices, this could be the career for you.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING!
This position will support the development, build, and test validation of large industrial equipment. The candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to multiple skills sets within the mechanical engineering discipline. The individual will work within a team environment consisting not only of senior mechanical engineering oversight, but also other functional disciplines such as electrical engineering, software engineering, systems engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain.
- Take designs from great concepts and turn them into working solutions.
- Utilize a solid understanding of mechanical design and knowledge of industrial automation solutions to create best in class manufacturing solutions.
- Perform preliminary design and develop drawings and specifications necessary to support the development of new products and modification of existing products working across a global organization.
- Perform complex calculations to determine performance analysis, stress analysis, tolerances, etc.
- Perform testing and evaluation of theoretical designs; recommend modifications based on results.
- Serve as primary technical resource for assigned new and existing devices.
- Develop and execute mechanical Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and coordinate product implementation utilizing both internal and external resources.
- Research solutions to technical problems and recommend cost effective resolution approaches.
- Develop and present in customer presentations related to new product development and/or product modifications and enhancements.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Advanced computer skills, including the use of CAD solid modeling, (Vault and Inventor preferred).
- Understanding of design parameters for metal stamping and machined components preferred.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and manufacturing quality tools.
- Lead the mechanical portion of electromechanical design, using skills such as planning and organization, decision making, problem solving, and some project management.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization, with both technical and non-technical customers, including group presentation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred but not required
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 1-5 years related experience
- Must Simply convert metrics into standard and vice versa
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Fast paced working environment
Great Working Culture
Team That Truly Loves their work!
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Design: 1 year (Preferred)