Finance Analyst Senior Departmental Analysis Division Jobs Vacancy in Pima County Tucson
- Finance Analyst Senior Departmental Analysis Division
- Pima County
- Tucson AZ
- 21 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Pima County Tucson urgently required following position for Finance Analyst Senior Departmental Analysis Division. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Finance Analyst Senior Departmental Analysis Division Jobs Vacancy in Pima County Tucson Jobs Details:
There are two (2) positions in the Departmental Analysis Division of the Pima County Finance & Risk Management Department.
Salary Grade: 45
Proof of education will be required at time of interview.
There are two (2) Sr. Analyst positions located in the Departmental Analysis Division of the Department of Finance and Risk Management. The successful candidates will provide financial and analytical support for county departments in the development of annual operating budgets. In addition, these positions monitor the adherence to the adopted budgets through monthly analysis and reporting. Duties also include preparing, correcting entries and reviewing transactions for compliance with chart of accounts. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys working in a team environment and is self-motivated to expand their skills.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor)
Performs studies related to specific department budgetary or financial issues;
Identifies methodologies, establishes research plans, gathers and analyzes data and prepares reports on findings with appropriate recommendations;
Prepares internal budget reports by gathering, analyzing, tabulating and interpreting data;
Monitors and evaluates assigned department budget requests to insure compliance with budget guidelines;
Provides technical assistance to departments engaged in budget preparation by explaining financial policies, procedures and processes to insure mutual understanding of request and proper use of the automated budget system;
Prepares multiple-year cost impact projections for supplemental budget requests;
Analyzes data and prepares reports through the use of departmental automated system;
Performs cost benefit analysis and financial and budgetary studies, researches alternatives and critiques justification of expenditures;
Analyzes department requests for amendment to budget, obtains necessary information, prepares budget impact statements, explores funding alternatives and makes recommendations for additional funding;
Prepares expenditure projections, documents significant issues or expenditures and prepares recommendation for action;
Monitors and evaluates departmental response to recommendation developed via research, documents departmental action and prepares additional recommendations as warranted;
Develops initial recommendations for department core funding levels based on revenue and expenditure projections, overall program budgets and departmental performance measures;
Attends departmental budget meetings and hearings as a resource advisor;
Participates in special financial research studies and assists in developing reports on findings and recommendations;
Reviews county-wide budget and financial policies and procedures and recommends revisions as appropriate;
Develops spreadsheet applications, and participates in the development of automated budget systems, screens and reports.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- data collection, research techniques, methodologies, and analysis methods;
- principles and practices of budgeting and accounting;
- methods and techniques of financial management and budget preparation and analysis;
- word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications;
- federal, state and local laws and regulations as they apply to financial and budget management;
- principles of organization structures and management reporting relationships as they apply to financial and budget management;
- public sector budgetary reporting and evaluation techniques and methods.
- observing, analyzing, interpreting and auditing data and reporting findings;
- identifying problems and developing clear, concise and logical conclusions and recommendations;
- identifying, researching and analyzing budgetary, financial and administrative data;
- performing statistical and mathematical analysis;
- communicating effectively, both orally and in writing;
- using a computer to produce reports and spreadsheets.
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority and one year of professional level budget, auditing or accounting analysis, financial management research, or fiscal administration experience.
(Additional relevant experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
(2) One year of experience with Pima County as a Finance Accountant-Senior.
(3) Two years of experience with Pima County as an Accountant.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- One (1) year of experience preparing and developing annual budgets and or financial forecasts.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office with recent experience with Excel 2013 or higher, Word and Access.
- Recent experience, researching, analyzing, interpreting and reconciling financial and budgetary data.
- Two (2) years of experience in the use of a centralized accounting, cost accounting and budgeting software system.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.