Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Anthony Sylmar
Anthony Sylmar urgently required following position for Mechanical Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Anthony Sylmar Jobs Details:
At Anthony, a Dover Company, we are a team, and every team member contributes to our vision: To enhance people’s lives through safe and efficient merchandising technologies. For over 60 years, our products have been part of the critical path of the food chain that starts with the farm and ends with your family consuming fresh, safe and healthy foods. We are leading our industry by Innovating What’s Next in glass doors and intelligent merchandising technologies that keep food safe.
As food delivery and technology converge, now more than ever, each employee at Anthony is a critical link in the chain that allows food to successfully reach consumers every day. New ideas and new innovations are fueling Anthony’s future. We seek individuals who are positive, accountable, results driven and great managers of self to join us in the quest for innovation. Anthony offers a blend of a small company atmosphere with the benefits of large company scale, tools, and career opportunities. We are committed to recruit, develop and retain top talent - join our team today!
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt/Fulltime
Location: Sylmar, CA
Supervisor: Design Supervisor
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative Mechanical Design Engineer. This key position will be based in our new manufacturing operations located in Sylmar, CA, reporting to the Design Supervisor
This position selects and applies extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices is broad areas of assignment and related fields; Responsible for making decisions on engineering problems and methods having an important effect on major company programs; Implements new product designs; Reverse engineers current/pre-existing product designs; Works proficiently using SolidWorks; and responsible for prototype and test designs prior to production.
- Implement and design new products.
- Follow the new product development phase gate process
- Re-design old products to improve manufacturing and decrease cost.
- Develop and maintain design FMEA and process FMEA to reduce product launch issues.
- Prove and test design by fabricating prototypes.
- Perform tolerance stack-up Analysis.
- Occasionally meet with vendors for finalization of tooling design, concepts and F/A’s.
- Attend both formal and informal meetings.
- Required to show both pros and cons of design before implementation.
- ECN preparation
- Maintain control of documents
- Material research.
- Track product design through all stages up to and through manufacturing
- Prototype designs.
- Research - using mathematical modeling/or calculations to work out whether new developments and innovations would work and/or be cost effective.
- Design - turning enquiry ideas into technical plans.
- Testing – setting up, collecting and analyzing data of tests on components.
- Reporting - writing or presenting reports for project managers and clients.
- Lead - directs the efforts of technicians or other team members to assure successful project completion. Will often be required to multitask and coordinate multiple large projects simultaneously.
- Interface with customers, internally and externally, on technical details and project goals.
- May be assigned product or manufacturing engineering responsibilities to resolve product or manufacturing problems on major product lines. Solve individually or as part of a group as job duties require. May lead such problem-solving activities.
Hands-on work on shop floor, as job requires.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve using problem solving tools and techniques (A3, fishbone, root cause, 5-Whys)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Ability to facilitate activities necessary to a project’s completion.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Requires 4 years’ experience in a corporate or manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
(Computer skills, mathematical abilities, analytical or reasoning abilities, communication skills, other technical skills, etc.)
- Must have strong computer skills utilizing AutoCAD, SolidWorks, EPDM, MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Explorer, E-drawings, MS Project as well as proficiency with PowerPoint and Explorer is essential.
- Must have strong mathematical knowledge, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas; all varieties of precision measuring instruments, personal computer and computer software applications involving a thorough skills knowledge plus the application of basic theory.
- Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence at the highest levels in the English language.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : California : Sylmar
Sub Division : Sylmar
Job Requisition ID : 21927