Associate Financial Advisory Services Healthcare Jobs Vacancy in Houlihan Lokey New York
Houlihan Lokey New York urgently required following position for Associate Financial Advisory Services Healthcare. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Associate Financial Advisory Services Healthcare Jobs Vacancy in Houlihan Lokey New York Jobs Details:
Financial Advisory Services
Over the past 40 years, Houlihan Lokey has established one of the largest worldwide financial advisory practices. Our transaction expertise and leadership in the field of valuation inspire confidence in the financial executives, boards of directors, special committees, retained counsel, investors, and business owners we serve. In 2015, Thomson Reuters ranked us the No. 1 U.S. M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 15 years.
Our stability, integrity, technical leadership, and global capabilities make us a trusted advisor for clients worldwide, across a wide range of services, including Transaction Opinions, Transaction Advisory Services, Tax & Financial Reporting Valuation, Portfolio Valuation & Fund Advisory Services, Real Estate Valuation & Advisory Services, Dispute Resolution Consulting, and Tech+IP Advisory.
After completing an Associate training program specific to the tasks and duties of the position, your general responsibilities will include the following:
- Supporting FAS engagements in healthcare industry sectors, including specialty pharmaceuticals, medical devices, biotechnology, and life sciences;
- Supporting FAS portfolio valuation teams, which provide valuations of illiquid debt and equity securities held by hedge funds, private equity funds, and business development companies in connection with fair value reporting of the funds’ assets to investors;
- Supporting FAS tax and financial reporting valuation teams, which provide stock, impairment, and intangible asset valuations for private equity funds and strategic buyers;
- Assisting in the preparation of fee proposals to clients including scoping discussions, pitch materials and internal engagement pricing committee memoranda;
- Participating in deal team brainstorming discussions, preparing information request lists, designing and drafting client deliverables;
- Reviewing client investment memoranda, board of directors presentations, specific debt and equity agreements, and financial models to develop an understanding of the company or securities being analyzed;
- Directing the efforts of financial analysts and checking their work product to ensure the de livery of an accurate and thorough work product within the required timeframe;
- Reviewing and compiling published financial information, such as public company filings, press releases, reports from published research analysts, and Bloomberg data across a wide range of industries and sectors;
- Assisting in the preparation of pitch materials and information request lists to clients;
- Participating in telephonic due diligence meetings/discussions, communicating with clients and respon ding to auditor questions regarding valuation analyses prepared by Houlihan Lokey;
- Identifying relevant comparable public companies and M&A transactions within parameters established by FAS project teams, based upon information services such as S&P Capital IQ and Bloomberg, along with knowledge of the appropriate Standard Industrial Classification and other methods, as appropriate;
- Researching and providing information on (a) general economic conditions, (b) industry-specific conditions and trends, (c) acquisitions and divestitures within specific industries, and (d) various investment attributes of publicly traded and privately held securities;
- Compiling statistical summaries of companies’ financial information, developing and computing financial ratios, and presenting the analyses in an organized manner and/or using our standard formats and presentations;
- Constructing and reviewing valuation and other financial analyses including the guideline public companies, guideline precedent transactions and discounted cash flow analyses, using Houlihan Lokey proprietary models;
- Presenting valuation analyses and conclusions internally to review committees, externally to our clients’ senior management and boards of directors, and to fiduciaries;
- Performing financial statement analysis and other quantitative and qualitative assessments; and
- Assist in presenting valuation analyses and conclusions internally to review committees;
- Performing other ad-hoc research, analytics, and support for the FAS project teams as required
- Coordinating with internal administrative support teams to prepare engagement invoices, working paper files and other compliance/end-of-engagement close out procedures;
- Participating in discussions with in-house and outside legal counsel as required; and
- Assisting with marketing initiatives for prospective and existing clients.
The Houlihan Lokey FAS Associate will work in the firm’s New York office and will primarily support professionals in New York, and have direct reporting lines to the FAS managers in the New York office.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards staff with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients. The ideal candidate thinks strategically, is motivated, detail oriented, creative, outgoing, and possesses strong quantitative skills.
The Associate will primarily support valuation professionals working on healthcare-industry-related engagements across all the primary FAS service areas, including Portfolio Valuation & Advisory Services, Transaction Opinions, Financial Consulting, and Transaction Advisory Services practices, and may occasionally be required to work on certain non-healthcare-related valuation engagements in a wide range of industries and situations.
The following general qualifications are required:
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in valuation, financial due diligence, and/or corporate finance/corporate development
- Master’s in Business Administration or Finance is strongly preferred. Candidates with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Applied Economics will also be considered if accompanied by relevant valuation experience
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent understanding of financial statements analysis with the ability to work through key assumptions, implicit caveats, and limitations
- A fundamental understanding of financial valuation theory, methodologies, and applications
- Strong knowledge of Excel modeling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with team members
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptional work ethic
- Demonstrated interest or experience in the healthcare, biopharmaceuticals, life sciences, or medical technologies sectors
- Valuation experience or Big 4 transaction advisory experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V