Procurement Officer Jobs Vacancy in Northern Illinois University DeKalb
Northern Illinois University DeKalb urgently required following position for Procurement Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Procurement Officer Jobs Vacancy in Northern Illinois University DeKalb Jobs Details:
The employee in this position is responsible for the preparation and completion of procuring materials for the MDC, trades and other departments as assigned. This includes procuring stock and special order items. Employee must be knowledgeable about procurement best practices and have construction knowledge and mechanical aptitude in order to assist forepersons in ordering specialized parts and equipment. Work requires the use of initiative and judgment in cooperating with vendors, repair technicians, trades, and other personnel to provide a timely flow of all materials and services in accordance with the needs of the university. The employee will need to complete the necessary paperwork to allow orders to be correctly billed to the requesting departments or work orders. Will work with outside vendors to secure product accurately and timely.
Primary to this position the employee will assume duties and responsibility for procuring parts, materials and tools (stock and special order items) for the trades, Heating Plant, Building Services and other areas or other materials as directed by the Manager. Materials may be time sensitive and need immediate attention, so timely and accurate ordering must be done. All returns must be handled appropriately and done timely in order to not waste university funds.
Secondary, this position will perform storekeeping duties including (but not limited to), receipt, storage, issuance, and shipment of items for MDC customers. Incumbent may be directed to train others as directed and oversee their work activities relating to the operations.
The individual in this position interacts with a large number of people each day, including internal personnel as well as many individuals external to the university. Professionalism and efficiency are required at all times as the actions of this individual impacts a large number of people in the campus community.
Employees are expected to relate cooperatively and courteously with co-workers, customers, representatives from other university departments and supervisory personnel. Employees must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, and must display a professional and positive customer service attitude at all times. Provide customer service in person, through correspondence with customers via email and phone on a daily basis.
a. Work experience performing duties comparable to those performed at the Procurement Officer Assistant level of this series or in positions of comparable responsibility
b. College credit for course work in any field
- 30 semester hours equals six (6) months
- 60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor’s Degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
- Master Degree or higher equals four (4) years (48 months)
- Knowledge of laws, the Illinois Procurement Code, government regulations, executive orders, knowledge of State of Illinois and State University Procurement procedures, as well as state and federal laws as they pertain to purchasing
- Previous procurement experience, preferably in a State university institution
- Knowledge of construction materials and have a comprehensive mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of administrative and office procedures, managing files and records (paper and electronic), spreadsheets, designing forms
- Knowledge of principles related to procurement, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service: includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Basic knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Excellent mathematical ability
- Judgment and decision making: considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Must be able to effectively convey information to others both verbally and in writing and also receive instruction verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of the principles for providing excellent customer service: includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Skill in negotiation and facilitation
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and solve work related problems
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with moderate supervision
- Previous work experience with material handling equipment including stand-up and sit-down forklifts a plus
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including the employment dates and duties for all positions held.
- If you do not have the work experience required for this position, you MUST upload your transcripts (if multiple transcripts, please attach each transcript in a separate PDF file) to your application for full consideration. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application.
- Once your complete application is submitted, it will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this classification.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application status.
- The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview.
- If eligible for veteran’s preference points, DD214 paperwork reflecting an Honorable discharge MUST be emailed (email@example.com), faxed (815-753-2335), or hand delivered to Human Resources prior to the posting deadline date in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination:
Attn: Jessica Seipp (Procurement Officer, #518)
Address: Northern Illinois University
1515 W. Lincoln Highway
DeKalb, IL 60115
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation and a pre-employment medical history. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation and medical results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
This position is required by the nature of the work, to perform extensive lifting for varying lengths of time of cartons, boxes, furniture, and equipment which may individually exceed 75 lbs. each. The ability to perform general physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials.
Other elements of this position involve daily exposure to counting, weighing, and the use of electronic calculators and desktop computers, as well as computerized receiving and recordkeeping data input systems.
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form. This form can be obtained by contacting the Office of Academic Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ADEI) at 815-753-8399.
N.I.U. provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.